ballistics hand held pocket PC.

col48

hi
what type do you use and where do you get them from
witch are the best & easiest to use.
i what one to go in to the Field with me.
has anyone tried the nightforce one.
i have never used one so some help would go a long way
thanks
Colin

Nightforce is also Exbal, it is very easy to use and has lots of good features. I use it in the field, trust it.

IAN M
is it the nightforce one you use.
if so did you just get the program or did you get the unit as well.
where is the best place to get that from
thanks for the Perry link Black Diamond 408
it made for great reading.
what unit is the best to get for it.and best place
thanks for your help
col

col48,
The unit I have is a loaner that is not going back to Nightforce so I do not know much about where they get them. Basically a Dell PDA that they put the program into. We covered PDA's a while back, lots of info on which ones are good for the $, I am afraid I just don't know anything about them. I do know how to work the program, but don't even know how to save info on the **** PDA, seems it does that automatically.

Col:

I use a IPAQ pocket PC, you can get a Palm as well, Some Palms dont have a backlit screen, makes it hard to see in low light conditions. You can get older pc's on Ebay ( under 50.00 for lots of them), its easy to install the programs, just plug into your computer and interface, download. I got the combo program so i could put it on my home computer, makes it easy to learn how to use it. You also can put the program on a Laptop and take that to the range for load testing. From what i tested, the info is right on the money.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.