Ballistic Turret vs Hold Over Lines

the,
On that 4W plex reticle, have you ever tried holding the top of the fat line on a target to see what it would represent if you were to use that as a hold-over? Looks like about 4 ticks? Aackck!! - Why didn't they put tick lines on the vertical?

the,
On that 4W plex reticle, have you ever tried holding the top of the fat line on a target to see what it would represent if you were to use that as a hold-over? Looks like about 4 ticks? Aackck!! - Why didn't they put tick lines on the vertical?
It has a open top turret, you dial for elevation and hold for wind.
Not to be mean dude but d*** look up that scope your self and just find a different reticle in it.
They offer like 4 or five different reticles in it.

Last edited:
I have a Swarovski X5...it has ballistic reticle and turret as well. I use the turret knob because the scope has to be on highest magnification....under 400 yards the image is shaking all over the place at 18 power.

I DO use the reticle to give me a better poi with wind.

I'm deciding on the Ballistic Turret vs Hold Over Lines on a Z6.

My thoughts are if I have 10 seconds to make a shot, and my heart is pounding out of my chest, I'm not playing with a ballistic turret. I'd rather compensate with the hold over lines .

What are your thoughts ?

Both

Buy the used NXS Nightforce 5.5x22 on here for $1,300 & learn to use it.

It has a open top turret, you dial for elevation and hold for wind.
Not to be mean dude but d*** look up that scope your self and just find a different reticle in it.
They offer like 4 or five different reticles in it.

Ha not to be mean back, but I clicked on the link you nicely gave me and only one reticle is shown, which is why I asked. I'll search again if they offer other reticles.

Thanks the

What range are you hunting at? Only reason I ask is because I killed a cow at 480 yds 2 yrs ago and I had to turn my scope down to 8power (4-14x) for a better field of view, like mentioned before the bds style has to be used a full zoom which would have hindered my bullet placement, just something to think about. Best of luck btw I don't dial when hunting

I have a Swarovski X5...it has ballistic reticle and turret as well. I use the turret knob because the scope has to be on highest magnification....under 400 yards the image is shaking all over the place at 18 power.

I DO use the reticle to give me a better poi with wind.
So they do make one. Jumps way up to next price bracket. Wish they'd do this in a z5 series.

Good advice about the 18x at 400 yds. I've never tried anything more than 10x but that makes sense. I suppose one could get his own reticle DOPE at say 9x or 10x as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.