Ballistic turret vertical problems

capture

Official LRH Sponsor
I have a Zeiss 6.5x20 with a 20 moa rail, I sighted it in at 3" high at 100 and when I crank it up to a higher yardage it bottoms out at the 500 yard Mark but it can go out too 1400 yards. I put it back to factory specs and did it all over again and it still bottoms out at 500 yards. Does anyone have any advice as what I'm doing wrong?
I need some advice please, thank you.

I have a Zeiss 6.5x20 with a 20 moa rail, I sighted it in at 3" high at 100 and when I crank it up to a higher yardage it bottoms out at the 500 yard Mark but it can go out too 1400 yards. I put it back to factory specs and did it all over again and it still bottoms out at 500 yards. Does anyone have any advice as what I'm doing wrong?
I need some advice please, thank you.

why would you sight in 3" high.

you have 45 moa's of adjustment. by using a 20 moa rail that should give you about 2.5 moa down and 42.5 up.

your ballistic turret is marked to 1400 yrs correct?

but it will only go to 500 yrds before stopping correct? don't know what caliber you are shooting but 42.5 moa at 500 yrds is 212.5 inches. You should have plenty of adjustment left.

sounds like you need to adjust your zero stop.

Thanks for responding. I'm shooting a 300 ultra. I'm sighting in 3 inches high because my turret starts at 300 yards. I'm shooting a Berger 185 VLD at 3300 fps. It's not the new HD5 it's the previous conquest so no zero stop.

Do you have the original turret to try out? That would let you know if it's the turret itself.

So you have about 5 moa of "up" adjustment, how much "down" do you have?

Check to see if you're near the center of your windage adjustment. Make a note of where your zero is and crank all the way left, all the way right, and back to zero. Are you near the middle or way off to one side?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.