Ballistic Program with 300gr 338 Berger

TheHardWay

Can anyone point me in the right direction to a ballistics program (free or paid, does not matter) that includes the data for the 300 grain 338 Berger bullet? Thanks.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to a ballistics program (free or paid, does not matter) that includes the data for the 300 grain 338 Berger bullet? Thanks.

I've been using "Shooter" for a few years and I "think" it has it?

I switched to Applied Ballistics and it definitely has it. And, BTW it certainly was a good choice to switch to.

AB is by far, as far as I know, the most comprehensive I've come across. It has stuff in it that considers more variables than I can keep track of. Now it's super that I don't have to keep track of them.

So far I've experienced the significance the following small variables since switching to AB:

In addition to accurate wind speed I've learned that an accurate wind angle is vital.
The ease with which wind speed and angle can be modified is quite pleasing.
Mr. Litz's bc values are spot on.
G7 bc is definitely better than the G1 for long range.

And the price is well worth it.

HTH

Thanks for the info. I did a little digging before I had to leave for work, and came across the Applied Ballistics website. I noticed they had a web-based calculator on their site. Is the software you are talking about called the "Applied Ballistics Analytics Desktop Software"?

Thanks for the info. I did a little digging before I had to leave for work, and came across the Applied Ballistics website. I noticed they had a web-based calculator on their site. Is the software you are talking about called the "Applied Ballistics Analytics Desktop Software"?

The app for the iPhone.

One of the things it tells ya is the stability factor. I was shooting bullets with a 1.29 stability factor and 2 of 8 didn't stabilize. Switched to one with a 2.3xx factor and they'll shoot for miles......

I would suppose that both versions are very similar if not the same.

AB does good work.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.