ballistic FTE

7mm mag sendero

Hello, Gentalmen Iwas wondering if you use the FTE ballistic program and at what ranges.How did it preform at the range? I just got it and put it on a 32GB ipod touch.Is this going to a good program for shots out to 1K or do i need something else. any and all input would be grate

Thanks,
Adam

Adam,

Give it a go and post the results as I'm most probably headed that way also. From what I've heard here its pretty much up to snuff.

I use Exbal on an Ipaq and its the Ipaq that I don't like. I'm probably headed for an Iphone/Ipod/Ipad one of these days.

I use Ballistic FTE on my iPhone and it works decently. Doesn't have trajectory validation and the G1 to G7 BC conversions don't match up with byran litz's data.

It is dead on as far as I have shot known distance targets with my 300 win mag, but can't get it to match up with my 308. But that could also be fudgy data on my part.

Get it, for the price it's pretty hard to beat.

Knights Armerment also has one out, the "military" version has trajectory validation built in.

I use it all the time on my iPhone it got my buddy a first shot hit at 1k with a load I made up for him. It's always been with in a click or two on my scope. Just my two cents

works fine for me, spot on trajectory so long as you give the correct details of your velocity and bullet BC etc

easy to use, does everything i need it to, and costed me bugger all... best money ive ever spent...

IMO its by far the best balistic software availble on the iphone/ipod touch.
i have used it out to 1000yds with my 300wm and 280ai and its been spot on. the head up display is a realy user friendly interface and alows you to quickly change distance and wind data. it can also do all the math for rageing in mil / moa.
just make sure all your data inputs are correct, for the money its a no brainer.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.