Ballistic apps

I'll throw out another recommendation for Ballistic AE. I've been using it for a while now and so far it's been spot on.

Almost all of them will get you to within .1 mils or .25 moa out to 1,000 yards. You just gotta put in good info to get good info out.

The thing that really sets each one apart is the user interface. How well does each one work for the way it will be used? Applied Ballistics, Trasol and Strelok Pro are set up more toward ELR, while apps like Shooter, Ballistic Arc etc. are programs that are geared more toward PRS.

Though Strelok Pro does have the ability to create a target list like Ballistic Arc so you can load all the info you need for an entire stage.

Hornady 4DOF is free and it will work, but many find it extremely annoying to use.

I use Shooter and have never had an issue. I use drop or dialed to data to calculate velocity all the time... I use Sierra bullets a lot and like that I can enter the bracketed BC that they use

x2 on the BallisticARC.
Very new to LR shooting and it got me on target 3rd shot at 1000yrds for the first time in pretty windy conditions with a .243
Im guessing like most, its only works as good as the information put into it.

I use Strelok Pro also. Found it to be a great asset to my shooting gear.

I concur. I just wish it had a way to login and save data. I have to enter all my info into to my phone and iPad separately and when I switched phones a month ago had to do it all over again. But for function and price very hard to beat.

I concur. I just wish it had a way to login and save data. I have to enter all my info into to my phone and iPad separately and when I switched phones a month ago had to do it all over again. But for function and price very hard to beat.

You can import all your data from your old device. Here's the directions from the help files:

http://www.borisov.mobi/StrelokPro/android/default.asp

Q. How to transfer my data from old phone (Android) to new phone (Android)?

A. On the old phone. Open Settings screen, open Google Drive screen, make Export rifles
On the new phone. Open Settings screen, open Google Drive screen, make Import rifles.
That's it.

There is another way if you have Dropbox account.

1. On old Android phone make Export rifles to Dropbox
2. On new Android phone Import rifles from Dropbox
That's it.

And third way:

1. Start Strelok Pro on new phone. Open Settings screen, tap "Backup rifles" button. Locate on sd-card or in internal memory folder StrelokPro with rifles.srl file inside.
2. Start Strelok Pro on old phone. Open Settings screen, tap "Backup rifles" button. Locate on sd-card or in internal memory folder StrelokPro with rifles.srl file inside.
3. Replace file rifles.srl on new phone with file from old phone
4. Start Strelok Pro on new phone. Open Settings screen, tap "Restore rifles from backup" button.

You can import all your data from your old device. Here's the directions from the help files:

A. On the old phone. Open Settings screen, open Google Drive screen, make Export rifles
On the new phone. Open Settings screen, open Google Drive screen, make Import rifles.
That's it.

That's it.

And third way:

1. Start Strelok Pro on new phone. Open Settings screen, tap "Backup rifles" button. Locate on sd-card or in internal memory folder StrelokPro with rifles.srl file inside.
2. Start Strelok Pro on old phone. Open Settings screen, tap "Backup rifles" button. Locate on sd-card or in internal memory folder StrelokPro with rifles.srl file inside.
4. Start Strelok Pro on new phone. Open Settings screen, tap "Restore rifles from backup" button.

That's great info. I guess I should have ask if it could be done on here a month ago. Insert face palm

I have used Shooter for several years. Pain when you get a new phone. Better have everything copied somehow. This Spring something bad happened. An Android update from Verizon wiped the program clean. Had to start over with everything. Don't know if this has ever happened to anyone else, but it has soured me on phone apps. I'm going to finally bite the bullet and get AB on a resident device. Just haven't totally made up mi mind which one.

That's it.

That's it.

And third way:

If you go from a Samsung to Samsung they have an app that will transfer all of your apps to the new device.

I use Strelok. It has worked for all of my rifles and is easy to use. And as stated earlier, if you put good info in you will get good info out.

I like ab my self. Tried sterlok and BulletFlight and shooter but liked ab the best. With the custom drag profile I have taken my 243 out past 1500 yards and ab's drop predictions are dead on for me well past transonic

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.