Ballistic app not same as the shot? Help

Nuclear Worker

I have 3 apps StrelokPro Lapua and advanced ballistic. All three say up 4 clicks for the shot. But the shot needs to be 8 clicks up? 1/8 MOA scope. Now this is only at 150 yards what will happen at longer range? What am I missing?

I have 3 apps StrelokPro Lapua and advanced ballistic. All three say up 4 clicks for the shot. But the shot needs to be 8 clicks up? 1/8 MOA scope. Now this is only at 150 yards what will happen at longer range? What am I missing?

Sounds like your app set up did not specify 1/8 click.

Your post is not written as clearly as it might be. Do you have a 1/8 MOA per click scope? What are your click values in your StrlokPro scope set up?

Stop working with clicks and focus on moa.
It's too easy to get confused with clicks.
StrelokPro lets you true up your moa/mil value for click. So actually "clicks" is what you want to get used to checking because sooner or later you might have to adjust how much MOA/MILS a click moves your scope and if you forget and look at mao/mils your going to blow it.

StrelokPro lets you true up your moa/mil value for click. So actually "clicks" is what you want to get used to checking because sooner or later you might have to adjust how much MOA/MILS a click moves your scope and if you forget and look at mao/mils your going to blow it.
Dial 47 clicks and not loose count or get mixed up. Or dial 11.75 Moa. Or 5.87 with 1/8th scopes. Run what ya like just know your gear

Last edited:
Your Apps are probably using 4 clicks per inch while your scope is calibrated to 8 clicks. All is well, just double what your apps say and you will be golden.

Yes it is 1/8 clicks scope and all the apps are set up at .125 per click. The 3 different ranges she shot at were 4 clicks more than any of the apps called for? Switched the settings to.250 per click still comes up wrong? She dialed on her own and made this shot at 169 yards. But still don't understand what we are doing wrong with the apps?
Your Apps are probably using 4 clicks per inch while your scope is calibrated to 8 clicks. All is well, just double what your apps say and you will be golden.
Thanks that's what we did I just don't understand why it won't accept 1/8 clicks when that is what I inputted and under the gun profile it says.125 per click which is 1/8.

Yes it is 1/8 clicks scope and all the apps are set up at .125 per click. The 3 different ranges she shot at were 4 clicks more than any of the apps called for? Switched the settings to.250 per click still comes up wrong? She dialed on her own and made this shot at 169 yards. But still don't understand what we are doing wrong with the apps?

Thanks that's what we did I just don't understand why it won't accept 1/8 clicks when that is what I inputted and under the gun profile it says.125 per click which is 1/8.
You are running in circles and hard to follow. So you have a 1/8 moa per click scope and the app says .125 moa/click, is that correct? If that is so then this is not the issue. So next, your solutions are coming up 4 clicks low? If you are constantly 4 clicks low then recheck the validity of your ZERO and check you have the right scope height in inches. Are you confident in your MV and are you updating temperature and barometric preasure?

Yes
You are running in circles and hard to follow. So you have a 1/8 moa per click scope and the app says .125 moa/click, is that correct? If that is so then this is not the issue. So next, your solutions are coming up 4 clicks low? If you are constantly 4 clicks low then recheck the validity of your ZERO and check you have the right scope height in inches. Are you confident in your MV and are you updating temperature and barometric preasure?
Yes 1/8 MOA scope and yes app is saying.125 so it should be correct. But she needs to dial up 8 clicks when the app called for 4.

what cartridge are you shooting that is requiring a full MOA at 150 yards? I'd bet your zero is off.
She is shooting 6BR 105 gn scenars. Was using Lapua factory ammunition 105 gn Scenars.Was using factory mv. Only has 50 rounds down the tube as is a new gun. Haven't put the chronograph on it yet. I guess we need to go back to the beginning and reconfirm zero and put the chronograph on it. Just don't understand why all 3 apps say 4 clicks lower than what is needed for the shot? I didn't understand why it would have to have a full MOA at such close range either? We are both very new to this so I apologize for our confusion