Ballistic altitude question.

joseph floerke

i use the shooter program for android, and i want to know what is the difference between Altitude, and density altitude which one is better to use.

i use the shooter program for android, and i want to know what is the difference between Altitude, and density altitude which one is better to use.

does this help

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364087151677.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364087151677.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 88
Density Altitude takes into account 'real' altitude, temp and barometric pressure to provide you with a 'corrected' altitude.

If you just use altitude, you must also input the temp and the station pressure.

Neither is really better, they will both result in a correct shooting solution, but DA is faster.

Density Altitude takes into account 'real' altitude, temp and barometric pressure to provide you with a 'corrected' altitude.

If you just use altitude, you must also input the temp and the station pressure.

Neither is really better, they will both result in a correct shooting solution, but DA is faster.

that makes since, and i plug everything in with a Bluetooth kestrel so its just a push of a button and bamb my stuff is in.

Where are you getting the DA reading? From a kestrel?

Jeff

so which way do yall think i should go. or does it really matter what i use.

I have always used actual station pressure for the Baro. input. Shawn use to input both Baro and altitude in the NF program.

This is the first time I have ever heard that DA is just as accurate. I was always told Boaro actual station pressure was the most accurate. I thought DA was a primary function use for the automatic input from GPS. But I have no first hand experience using DA.

jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.