Balance/weight distribution & accuracy

The extra weight on the suppressor is worth every Penny when I can hear the contact of the bullet

I agree with that. I finally got my first after not being able to hear in impact on an elk at 100 yards. It was my first time hunting with a muzzle brake and my last. I don't see myself hunting or shooting unsuppressed anytime in the near future.

So, with a relatively well balanced rifle, is its ability to resist recoil in the form of weight the only thing adding to its "forgiveness"?

Just running a suppressor and adapters. Should be about 15oz at the muzzle end.
In that case, I'd say you should experiment with adding some weight to the butt end of the stock. It'll take less weight to balance it back out that way. I will say...a rifle with a heavy barrel and very light stock is a pain to carry at the ready.
Shooting , barrel weight is your friend. Weight in general is a huge help at the shot, but who wants to carry a 16 pound comp rifle with extra lead in the stock, etc? So it's all trade offs right?
I'll be adding a suppressor this year also. I have a 25 inch proof barrel but might re barrel to a 20 inch for balance and handling.
Oh, and I love the AG composites Alpine hunter, very straight line recoil control. Just fine for offhand shots. Adding a slightly heavier stock might be just the ticket with the suppressor going on. Maybe nip your barrel back too.

In that case, I'd say you should experiment with adding some weight to the butt end of the stock. It'll take less weight to balance it back out that way. I will say...a rifle with a heavy barrel and very light stock is a pain to carry at the ready.
Shooting , barrel weight is your friend. Weight in general is a huge help at the shot, but who wants to carry a 16 pound comp rifle with extra lead in the stock, etc? So it's all trade offs right?
I'll be adding a suppressor this year also. I have a 25 inch proof barrel but might re barrel to a 20 inch for balance and handling.
Oh, and I love the AG composites Alpine hunter, very straight line recoil control. Just fine for offhand shots. Adding a slightly heavier stock might be just the ticket with the suppressor going on. Maybe nip your barrel back too.

The barrel on this build is 20" and suppressor will either be a seven or eight inch model. I was interested in the ag privateer but also thought about putting on a B&C to save some cash and build time. I kind of overlooked the Alpine Hunter. Maybe it deserves some consideration.

Its a sorta prone type stock but obviously fits.good.and feels good every which way except for one hand carry. The bottom is a little wider and flatter than is ideal for that type still hunting, easing over deadfalls etc, then I wish the gun suddenly switched to a Kimber adirondack 🤔😃

I read an article a while back about Olympic-style rifles and shooters. They are known to shoot offhand, and use weights on the front end of stock or the barrel! I think they use cast iron weights of 12-24 oz. The Scandinavians use even more weight, usually on front of barrel! Stability and precision offhand at longer distances!!!

Check out the xlr chassis as this would allow you to set your balance point where you want it! Obviously they can get heavy but the mag chassis still has weight provisions.