Baked elk with polenta pie ...

FEENIX

1_zps3d6ca69c.jpg

(1 LB of ground elk and 1 LB of polenta)

2_zps09d68765.jpg

(Saute the elk meat with garlic and onion at medium heat; season with your favorite spices then add a can of your favorite tomato base sauce - I used a can of zesty garlic and tomato with basil)

3_zpsbf187db9.jpg

(add your favorite chopped/sliced vegetables; I have sliced mushroom , chopped egglant and yellow zucchini -- cook for maybe for 10 minutes at medium heat)

4_zpsb8e997b4.jpg

(Drain most of the liquid of the sauce because the polenta and ricotta cheese will generate more liquid; pour a layer on a greased dish)

5_zps2941fccc.jpg

(Layer with 1/4" sliced polenta)

6_zps1ebca18c.jpg

(Layer with ricotta cheese)

7_zps9d636474.jpg

(Pour the remaining mixture and top with your favorite cheese - I normally use 4-6 Italian cheese mixture but all I have is mozzarella - top with chopped basil if desired)

8_zpsfc6fba98.jpg

(Bake in preheated oven at 350F for ~30-45 minutes)

Enjoy with your favorite red. Cheers!

Last edited:
looks good I will have to give it a shot. I think I might have to cut back the cheese alittle dairy not liking me in my old age anymore. never even heard of polenta. but my daughter is gluten free so looks good. thanks for pics nice post

looks good I will have to give it a shot. I think I might have to cut back the cheese alittle dairy not liking me in my old age anymore. never even heard of polenta. but my daughter is gluten free so looks good. thanks for pics nice post

I too have trouble with dairy (lactose intolerance). Polenta is just Italian for cornmeal boiled into porridge or just look as grits in a different form.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.