Bainey Mag Box for short action

E4aker

I have been wanting to build a 300 wsm on an extra short action that been sitting idle for a while. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these boxes.

What bottom metal and follower spring would I need to purchase. Also what milling has to be done to the action to make it work?

Thanks.

I used the bottom metal that you can buy from ptg with it which is the canoe style, used a standard short action spring, also cut windows in the box. Mine is a 7saum and my action is a titanium lone peak and had to mill the bolt stop a bit and the magwell, this is already setup for a Wyatt extended box for a start

I have been wanting to build a 300 wsm on an extra short action that been sitting idle for a while. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these boxes.

What bottom metal and follower spring would I need to purchase. Also what milling has to be done to the action to make it work?

Thanks.
Use a factory R.E.M. Follower(not the one that comes with the Bainey box) feeds good, had LRI( Chad Dixon) install it

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.