Baffled: VLDs Seating Into Case No Effort

General RE LEE

7mm STW
Nosler Brass
3-4th firing
Lee Precision FL Sizing die
168 gn Berger VLD
78.5 grains IMR 8133

I went to seat some VLDs loaded to 0.020" off the lands to SAAMI spec 3.60 COAL for the 7mm STW. When I was raising the ram into the die and adjusting the seating stem down to get started it pushed the bullet down into the case. There is neck tension when I try to start a bullet into the case and push it into the case by pressing it on a hard surface the bullet doesn't budge. Once the bullet starts to get seated in the neck to about 3.70" COAL I can flip the bullet over and press with a little pressure and the bullet goes down into the case.

I've resized these before with my FL die and haven't had any issues. I will say I've only loaded them long 0.20" off lands so I haven't loaded them to SAAMI COAL length.

Are these cases shot out?

I'm an idiot and a quick investigation revealed the culprit. I got a new Hornady bullet puller that has the collet and utilizes the press. I pulled some bullets and reloaded them without resizing the necks. I just pulled the depriming pin and resized the brass leaving the primer and problem solved. Just had to reload the rounds again thankfully powder still good.

I'm an idiot and a quick investigation revealed the culprit. I got a new Hornady bullet puller that has the collet and utilizes the press. I pulled some bullets and reloaded them without resizing the necks. I just pulled the depriming pin and resized the brass leaving the primer and problem solved. Just had to reload the rounds again thankfully powder still good.
Great news! I always resize brass that has bullets pulled. That brass will yield a bit, so I don't trust them to be the same.
Carry on!