Baer wildcat ballistics...Any info?

BD408,

I have only tested the 350 gr ULD RBBT a limited amount in my heavy 338 Kahn. Loaded to a bit over 2800 fps it was producing a BC value in the .900 range for the limited shooting I did with it. I have a decent supply on hand but decided I would save those for the 338 AM testing.

I will probably be waiting until Richard gets his 375 bullets up and running. I agree, a .9 BC bullet in that caliber with that case capacity would be very hard to beat.

He is also making some 700 gr .458" ULD RBBTs here soon as well so that would also be an interesting option with this case capacity.

For that matter, it would be interesting to shorten the 50 BMG case to 3", neck down to 458 and use that bullet with a 200-225 gr case capacity!!!

Richard on the other hand wants me to go the other direction and drop her down to 30 cal!!! He has some scary heavy bullets he will be working on in 30 cal for just this beast. If it works it will certainly be the biggest baddest 30 cal out there. This forward ignition better work!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.