Badlands Precision Bullets thread - From BC to terminal ballistics

Hopefully the 250's like a big jump. I'll have to jump about .175" to fit them into the magazine. I'll find out in the morning!

Hopefully they'll like the jump, if not 300 grain Bergers fit in the magazine just fine at .020 off the lands.

Hopefully they'll like the jump, if not 300 grain Bergers fit in the magazine just fine at .020 off the lands.
Ya, these bullets certainly have an aggressive design.....I shot them out to .110 with good results, but not as far as you. Interested to see, a lot of the Lapua, edge and Rum shooters are having the same issues with getting these to mag feed, they aren't really designed with that in consideration ha ha

Kinda interesting, mine is a 338 Norma and I didn't think magazine length would be an issue. I'll find out in the morning and post my results.

Kinda interesting, mine is a 338 Norma and I didn't think magazine length would be an issue. I'll find out in the morning and post my results.
What is your mag length? My .338 NM with a .050" jump is 3.656", would fit in a standard long action box.....I'm assuming yours is throated longer than CIP standard?

My mag box is 3.66, but I think it's throated pretty long. It's a new build with zero rounds fired so I'll just have to find out what it likes and what it doesn't.

Initial long jump results aren't looking very promising. First 3 rounds down a brand new barrel grouped about 1.75" at 100 yards. I also fired 3 rounds with 300 grain Bergers and they all landed in the same hole. I think this particular barrel is trying to tell me something.

I'm going to move forward with Bergers at this point because I'm going bear hunting all next week and I need something solid pretty quickly. I'll revisit the Badlands when I have more time to experiment.

Initial long jump results aren't looking very promising. First 3 rounds down a brand new barrel grouped about 1.75" at 100 yards. I also fired 3 rounds with 300 grain Bergers and they all landed in the same hole. I think this particular barrel is trying to tell me something.

I'm going to move forward with Bergers at this point because I'm going bear hunting all next week and I need something solid pretty quickly. I'll revisit the Badlands when I have more time to experiment.
I'd strongly consider something other than the 300 berger. Multiple expansion test have shown it to tuble and pencil. These were shot through hide and a pork shoulder. 300smk looks phenomenal.

Attachments

• IMG_5144.jpg
    IMG_5144.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 187
I'd strongly consider something other than the 300 berger. Multiple expansion test have shown it to tuble and pencil. These were shot through hide and a pork shoulder. 300smk looks phenomenal.
I appreciate the recommendation, but I've witnessed great killing performance from the 300 EH and have a ton of confidence in using them. I definitely plan to spend some more time with the Badlands once I'm not in a time crunch.

I'm running them in a 7 Allen Mag - 8 tw Bartlein 26" - 107 gr of RL-33 pushing the 150 BD-2 to 3,711 fps. (COAL 3.56") Seems to like being seated to 0.010 to 0.015 off the lands.

Finding the same thing in the 7-LRM - 8 twist 24" Proof - except on that one we're running 71 gr of RL-26 and pushing them to 3,213 fps.

Not sure how much that helps. (would try H-1000 if we had it)