Badger back from taxidermist

This little fella picked a fight with a porcupine! ... then he picked a fight with my .17WSM. The first fight looks like it hurt a lot. The second fight was his last!

rrHDBClh.jpg

-----------

Great Mount! Love that little .17 WSM. Have a couple (Ruger, Franklin Armory) brother has a Volquartsen. All VERY accurate. Have made several shots out to 250 yds. LOTS of fun when you can find ammo.

When you find out what "interesting" looks like, I think that you'll vastly prefer "boring."
I agree with this. Badgers will kill a dog, and I'm not even joking. They are absolutely viciously strong animals. It's like God took a grizzly bear and squished it into a small package.

Here's the skull out of that badger mount. Not to be messed with!
vZXRwpdh.jpg

I won't kill a badger on my property. They help keep the prairie dog population down. They are vicious little animals, but I don't have a "beef" with them. I wouldn't kill one out in the wild unless I needed to save a dog. They are also scavengers who help clean up. But, that is one of the coolest mounts i've ever seen and I might have done the same if I had the chance. I'm not criticizing you guys that don't agree with my sentiments, I'm just saying that my druthers are different than yours. Viva La Differance!

I won't kill a badger on my property. They help keep the prairie dog population down. They are vicious little animals, but I don't have a "beef" with them. I wouldn't kill one out in the wild unless I needed to save a dog. They are also scavengers who help clean up. But, that is one of the coolest mounts i've ever seen and I might have done the same if I had the chance. I'm not criticizing you guys that don't agree with my sentiments, I'm just saying that my druthers are different than yours. Viva La Differance!
I hunted badger European , in England and Ireland , it's a sport illegal but thriving and very prevalent. They use a terrier called a Patterdale, that weighs about 14 lbs. and is as tough and game as any dog alive. They are dug out of the ground with pick and shovel , the terrier must keep the badger bottled up in its lair till the diggers can get to it. If the dog quits he dies , many are taken apart by badger but never quit, discretionary terriers live to see another dig. The European badger is never killed by the men who hunt them with terriers he's a respected animal that is always released at the end of the dig. A European badger is about 30 to 40 lbs. and can rip a dogs lower jaw clean off if he gets his hold. These photos were taken in Ireland here's a dig to a badger that went 7 feet in rocky soil, the dog did a great job but took a hammering. I have hundreds of photos from 20 years ago of these digs .First photo dog latched on , two dogs used, and the hole., many more photos some probably too graphic, NO badgers were harmed it would be sacrilegious, to do so as this is considered an honorable sport that has been going on for hundreds of years, a terrier can't even put a scratch on a European badger as they are as hard as steel. The last dog was dug to in Tipperary Ireland she took a smashing as they say over there but held the badger at bay till dug to, they retired her shortly thereafter as used her to breed pups from, she was legendary.

Attachments

• pat.jpg
    pat.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 145
  • pat1.jpg
    pat1.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 136
  • pat2.jpeg
    pat2.jpeg
    5.1 KB · Views: 143
  • pat 3.jpeg
    pat 3.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 146
  • tah.jpeg
    tah.jpeg
    297.7 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
I hunted badger European , in England and Ireland , it's a sport illegal but thriving and very prevalent. They use a terrier called a Patterdale, that weighs about 14 lbs. and is as tough and game as any dog alive. They are dug out of the ground with pick and shovel , the terrier must keep the badger bottled up in its lair till the diggers can get to it. If the dog quits he dies , many are taken apart by badger but never quit, discretionary terriers live to see another dig. The European badger is never killed by the men who hunt them with terriers he's a respected animal that is always released at the end of the dig. A European badger is about 30 to 40 lbs. and can rip a dogs lower jaw clean off if he gets his hold. These photos were taken in Ireland here's a dig to a badger that went 7 feet in rocky soil, the dog did a great job but took a hammering. I have hundreds of photos from 20 years ago of these digs .First photo dog latched on , two dogs used, and the hole., many more photos some probably too graphic, NO badgers were harmed it would be sacrilegious, to do so as this is considered an honorable sport that has been going on for hundreds of years, a terrier can't even put a scratch on a European badger as they are as hard as steel. The last dog was dug to in Tipperary Ireland she took a smashing as they say over there but held the badger at bay till dug to, they retired her shortly thereafter as used her to breed pups from, she was legendary.
That's what I call a hard core sport. Kudos for not killing them. I think that they are majestic animals.