Badger back from taxidermist

orkan

This little fella picked a fight with a porcupine! ... then he picked a fight with my .17WSM. The first fight looks like it hurt a lot. The second fight was his last!

rrHDBClh.jpg

-----------

This little fella picked a fight with a porcupine! ... then he picked a fight with my .17WSM. The first fight looks like it hurt a lot. The second fight was his last!

rrHDBClh.jpg

-----------

Dangerous little guys , we were hunting in Armour South Dakota , pheasants, tall grass in a swale between the milo fields , when my friends English setter accidentally stepped on one, we played heck to get the badger off the dogs neck before we shot it.

Dangerous little guys , we were hunting in Armour South Dakota , pheasants, tall grass in a swale between the milo fields , when my friends English setter accidentally stepped on one, we played heck to get the badger off the dogs neck before we shot it.
Yep! They aren't to be trifled with!

20lbs of badger will give 100lbs of dog a real problem!

Nice mount. Waiting for my Drahthaars to find one. Not sure how that will play out but pretty sure it'll be interesting.

Beautiful animals. l was in Wyoming 2005 shooting PDS with a guide when l ran up on one living in a dug out prairie dog hole. Fearing an attack he took a 40gr VMAX on the CHIN from my Cooper 21 in 222Rem @ around 15 yards. There was no exit hole. The guide did a most excellent job skinning the Badger out. l had flown in to Denver for my 2 day Prairie Dog shoot. Meaning l had no way to take the Badger back home with me. Guide promised to have a nice mount done for me. Along with his tip the guide got generous deposit for the mount.
Couple weeks later l called asking about the mount. l was told they were out of season when l shot the Badger. SORRY, no mount:mad:.

My First Badger impression up close.. He looked like the TAZMANIAN DEVIL from the ''Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour''. All teeth, claws, and eyeballs.
The mount of a lifetime!