Badger back from taxidermist

That's what I call a hard core sport. Kudos for not killing them. I think that they are majestic animals.

It's not super majestic when you come upon a cow with a leg shattered, stumbling around with bone protruding, as a result of stepping in a badger hole.

In two years time, I've killed a dozen on my lawn … so we have no shortage here.

I had a registered red angus bull break a front shoulder when he stepped in a prairie dog hole, so I feel your pain. Also, if a badger wiped out my chickens, I might feel differently. Here, skunks, coyotes, and raccoons cause more damage.

Qijokm3h.jpg

This little fella picked a fight with a porcupine! ... then he picked a fight with my .17WSM. The first fight looks like it hurt a lot. The second fight was his last!

rrHDBClh.jpg

-----------

Some 40 years ago I had one just in front of a pick up I just got into, later in the evening. This thing kept charging at the front of the truck. This animal was not afraid of anything. My Army patrol partner that was with me at the time could not believe it, neither could I. Too bad I didnt have any alibi rounds!