Badger ACI Mount

murf

Good evening fellas,

Just installed my new ACI using a Badger mount and had to fit it with a hand file. Just wondering if they are all like this or if it's the Nightforce 1-piece 20moa base that is out of spec. I'm gonna guess about .010" had to be removed if not a hair more. Thanks in advance!

Murf

Murf,
I got one in the mail the other day and I also noticed that it did not slip on the rail, it was the wrong mount so I did not want to force it. When I get the correct one in the mail I will let you know what I find. I have a Near rail.

radunn,

Thanks for the info. I was under the assumption that a M1913 mil. std. picatinny Base was a one of a kind beast, didn't know there were different variations. Can anybody else shed some light on this. I personally think either my badger mount or my NF base was a little out of tolerance.

Murf

Thank you for using my ACI. The Badger Rail is manufactured to Picatinny Spec's, and their ACI mount is designed, (and on the large side) to fit their rail.

Night Force manufactures awesome, top drawer products, however their rail is a little bit wider then the Picatinny Spec's and when utilizing the NF Rail, the Badger ACI Mount will have to be opened up with a file to get it to fit.

This does take a little patience to accomplish, and I would not attempt to do it without the proper file(s).

My "C-Level" slides into the slots of both the Badger and the NF rails.

Murf,

Just for info, I didn't care for either mount after using them. I didn't like the location of the ACI with them and they are not very robust. Below is a photo of the way I mount them. I use a verticle split scope ring. It is very robust , holds the ACI close to the scope and 3rd knob sheltering it, and keeps it up higher where you don't have to shift your head to see it. I find that it is less stress for the eye to see it from the shooting cheekweld, this is nice when in position for long periods of time. Not trying to beat up either mount but just liked this much better. Also it is the only way I could find to mount one on left handed rifles.
338AMW2.JPG

Shawn

Who makes that mount?

I am a fellow lefty and have put off getting a aci because of the mounting dilema on my short action.

d-a

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts