Bad News 338

Azprc

Just an update. Worked on finishing load data and found one I like. Shooting the 300 OTM in HSM brass with F215 and H1000. COAL is 3.840" and fits in magazine but jumps around .020. Shot this group at 1091 yards yesterday, it is only 5 shot group but had no more loaded rounds and this is the first time I shot this gun with a can and it loves it. Will get 10 shot group on the next outing. I am pleasantly suprised how well this run does.
Here is one of the pics of the gun.
Not a very good pic but only one with the can.
Showed 2780 through Magneto and is pretty close. Used FFS with Nomad to get dope and it is right on, I think? Thanks for letting me brag and more pics and videos to come up shortly.

Facebook, Long Range Shooters of Montana.

Just an update. Worked on finishing load data and found one I like. Shooting the 300 OTM in HSM brass with F215 and H1000. COAL is 3.840" and fits in magazine but jumps around .020. Shot this group at 1091 yards yesterday, it is only 5 shot group but had no more loaded rounds and this is the first time I shot this gun with a can and it loves it. Will get 10 shot group on the next outing. I am pleasantly suprised how well this run does.
Showed 2780 through Magneto and is pretty close. Used FFS with Nomad to get dope and it is right on, I think? Thanks for letting me brag and more pics and videos to come up shortly.

Facebook, Long Range Shooters of Montana.

What rifle is that it looks awesome and that is indeed an awesome group!

Very nice. I just picked up the ULR in 338 LM. I only had it out to 300 yards but it was shooting .5 moa. I hope it does as good as your bad news at longer distances.

LOL gee whiz dude, you really need to work on your wind read .08 MOA just won't cut it.:D

Good shooting!
Congratulations on a successful load development.
Did I mention good shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.