Bad customer service?

Is it really nitpicking to ask questions to ensure your getting what you think and what the builder is to deliver? My money and I don't think so.
No it is not nitpicking. Slightly of subject but pertinent to your point of view. When we were going to move back to Calif and have a house built we searched (as you did) for an architect. Finally found one, we started asking questions and listing what we wanted. We were told, in no uncertain terms, that we were not fun and he, the architech, should be given free rein (with our money). Needless to say we went elsewhere.
Let it begin:
1624980624754.gif

...she claimed they have the hardest job. Working 9 months out of the year, having every holiday with a week for spring break, Thanksgiving and Christmas in the mix doesn't seem that bad to me.of course you are going to say " they dont get paid much". I say, work a full year like the rest of us. She was pulling in $60k which would be $90k full time. ...
You have met my daughter?

Maybe folks have a different experience than me. I ordered a cheek riser from Manners for an EH-1 stock. ordered and billed my visa same day. Told 1-2 weeks at most to be done. At 4 weeks now, I call to check in yesterday. They don't know what color I ordered, who placed the order with them or if it's done. Needless to say, this will be the first and last time I deal with Manners. I can understand it taking longer than usual, but to not know anything about my order isn't acceptable. Waiting for a call back….

Maybe my patience is dwindling because I was having some work done to my 28N that was supposed to be 3 weeks, it's been 4 months now and I still don't have it back. Not impressed. Just be up front about lead times and communicate, a text takes 30 sec to send out.

You have met my daughter?
Sad part is every yenta that worked with her felt the same way. The 2 guys that worked with them who had worked full time jobs before starting teaching said it is the easiest job ever. Said you tell each class the samething everyday and have time to get all the "homework" done after school before going home or after you gave your speech for the day. I have tried to find the difficult part of the job. You get paid whether you actually do your job or just ho thru thr motions. Most teachers have never had any other job and just follow along with the rest of the sheep.

Sad part is every yenta that worked with her felt the same way. The 2 guys that worked with them who had worked full time jobs before starting teaching said it is the easiest job ever. Said you tell each class the samething everyday and have time to get all the "homework" done after school before going home or after you gave your speech for the day. I have tried to find the difficult part of the job. You get paid whether you actually do your job or just ho thru thr motions. Most teachers have never had any other job and just follow along with the rest of the sheep.

With all due respect, this is one the most ridiculous things I've read on this forum. I challenge anyone that thinks this, to substitute teach for one week. Just one week and then chime back in with your actual experience.

I've taught four different times in my life. Twice volunteering and twice as a vocation. I've had plenty of other jobs ranging from blue collar to white collar. Teaching is not easy by any means, and it's even harder now. I helped teach during the pandemic. I suggest going to volunteer, but even then you'll not get the full gist of what is required, or the stress involved.

No it is not nitpicking. Slightly of subject but pertinent to your point of view. When we were going to move back to Calif and have a house built we searched (as you did) for an architect. Finally found one, we started asking questions and listing what we wanted. We were told, in no uncertain terms, that we were not fun and he, the architech, should be given free rein (with our money). Needless to say we went elsewhere.
Let it begin: View attachment 282110
I guess I'm old school, if I'm paying the bills I should get what I want!
Just saying

It's unfortunate that is your experience. Mine might be the same, but I take a different perspective.
1. You don't seem laid back.
2. A busy gunsmith has little to zero time to answer emails from prospective customers. Some of them also have day jobs.
3. Good ones are booked just from word of mouth.
4. If they're the expert but as you say, "butthurt" when you contradict their opinion, perhaps you may want to consider what is being communicated, and how.
If you found the one who did work for you was excellent, why belly-ache?
Hope you have better luck.

Edit to add:
Gunsmiths are technical people first, shooters, fathers, husbands, etc, Customer service ranks 3rd or 4th (or lower) on their skill set.
I use two in the Portland area, they are both superlative. One may take a year to get your work done, and it will be top notch, the other may take 2 months to get a hold of.
It always helps to show appreciation too. The latter smith, when I dropped off my work for him, I also brought a bottle of single malt, which he really appreciated. The other, I tip generously or bring ammo.
And, I *never* ask to be bumped in line. They tell me what time it will take.
I am also...a father,husband, a person and avid shooter and grandfather to 11 soon to be twelve! But customer service if you are in a Service business...is ALWAYS FIRST...if you wish to stay in business ! No excuse for poor customer service....