Backyard Bucky - DANG!

1F2028D4-6FD7-49CA-B954-0FB17A089F59.jpeg
I am having a hard time letting this guy go another year. I know I should butttttt.View attachment 217667View attachment 217668

I made that mistake on the biggest six point ive seen in many years last year I should've taken him he actually made it through the whole season and my neighbor shot it out of season

Good height, could use more mass and width. I would personally let him walk in hopes of another year, but I wouldn't think down on any person that shot that buck, it's a nice one.

I'd be so excited for my neighbor/their kids if they snagged him.

Maybe go talk with the shared line neighbor...start a "no shoot buck" deal between you and neighbor...
Could result in some really nice bucks in just 2 or 3 years time...heck..give them steroids...its been proven the antlers genetics aren't just passed by the bucks...the does can be just as important in the breeding as the buck.....

Muddy boots, I'm from Michigan too and we're I'm at that deer will not walk past any hunter around me without being shot at. I confess, I'm one of them. 30 years of hunting and nothing like that around my cameras or stands.

I feel your pain. All my land is low fenced. My son got mad at me last year because I wouldn't let him shoot a 160 class 11 point. The deer was probably 2 1/2 years old. I know he survived the season, but I haven't seen him in a while. I don't know if he survived the poachers. Here's a pic of him from last season.

View attachment 217696
Did you notice the growths on the shoulder of him? Very odd. Not sure what that would be.

Been interesting to see the start of dominance, I just got another buck on camera that has one side broke off already! Nice buck and hope this will let him go another year. One neighbor might let him walk but bet not. The other neighbor has big family that hunts there so its anybody's guess but bet they would drop it in a sec!

It is a shame your neighbors wont get on board with you and implement some type of management program to allow these deer time to mature, it appears there are some good genetics there and should be easy to establish a very good herd of deer in just a few years.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.