Backyard Bucky - DANG!

I caught a trespasser/poacher on my place 5 yrs ago...told me he was just riding down the road and decided to hunt my place...when I called the sheriff's office, he fessed up and told me he was my neighbor and couldn't we work something out...I told him I had already made the call and what could he propose that would be beneficial to me??? Went to court and he drew a $437 fine...not aware of any problems since...I believe prosecution is the best way to put a stop to it...just me...

I would love to but you don't have to live next-door for the rest of your life I've been pushed out of my spring which was my main water source at the time I've had gates and fences vandalized things are fairly quiet right now and I hope they stay that way
I am very fortunate to have great neighbors that asked me not to shoot babies. I have Cat D5N dozer and I help them after big rains and they have cattle so they keep up the fences without asking anything from me. I do my best to stay on good terms with all of my neighbors and none of my neighbors have ever tried to do me wrong. But I haven't always had things so good. I was on a lease for a while and the neighbor there was so bad that I left even though it was good hunting. I can't tell you how sorry I am for you. Take care of yourself, first and the game wardens will take care of the deer as best they can.

I caught a trespasser/poacher on my place 5 yrs ago...told me he was just riding down the road and decided to hunt my place...when I called the sheriff's office, he fessed up and told me he was my neighbor and couldn't we work something out...I told him I had already made the call and what could he propose that would be beneficial to me??? Went to court and he drew a $437 fine...not aware of any problems since...I believe prosecution is the best way to put a stop to it...just me...
Jspeed Face to face retaliation is not too common, but a bad neighbor has access to your place pretty much at will. Since it already sounds as if BC Jr has had problems with this neighbor, I can't say anything bad about him for not wanting to be involved with the local Game Law folks. They can't be everywhere at once. Just sayin'.

Hey, have been out of state for a week or so and you all have put up some nice buck pic's. Wish I had some of my own but maybe later. Have been catching up on reading the forum. Good to be back home. Was looking at NE Tennessee for possible relocate. Want to get out of "hurricane central".

Muddyboots, in reading this thread noticed that your bride may be ill, hope all is well now.
Everyone be safe and be well. Tommy 🇺🇸 "GOD BLESS THE U.S.A."

Hey, have been out of state for a week or so and you all have put up some nice buck pic's. Wish I had some of my own but maybe later. Have been catching up on reading the forum. Good to be back home. Was looking at NE Tennessee for possible relocate. Want to get out of "hurricane central".

Muddyboots, in reading this thread noticed that your bride may be ill, hope all is well now.
Everyone be safe and be well. Tommy 🇺🇸 "GOD BLESS THE U.S.A."
North east Tennessee is definitely beautiful mountains streams but it's very busy for my taste I prefer much farther west more rural farm country and quiet But no matter where you decide on we'd be glad to have you

North east Tennessee is definitely beautiful mountains streams but it's very busy for my taste I prefer much farther west more rural farm country and quiet But no matter where you decide on we'd be glad to have you
Thank you Bill. We looked east of Knoxville from Greeneville to Kingsport and Johnson City areas, both town and country. Preliminary looking is a little difficult while getting Florida home ready. Changing some flooring, painting a bit and just getting insurance check to replace roof ( wind and hail damage). Next time think we will look east and south of Nashville. What I saw of Knoxville did not suit me. Hard to do any serious house hunting till current house goes on market. So mini vacations to look at different areas to try to get a feel of them. Definitely looking for change of seasons and a little cooler than this place in November etc.

Thank you Bill. We looked east of Knoxville from Greeneville to Kingsport and Johnson City areas, both town and country. Preliminary looking is a little difficult while getting Florida home ready. Changing some flooring, painting a bit and just getting insurance check to replace roof ( wind and hail damage). Next time think we will look east and south of Nashville. What I saw of Knoxville did not suit me. Hard to do any serious house hunting till current house goes on market. So mini vacations to look at different areas to try to get a feel of them. Definitely looking for change of seasons and a little cooler than this place in November etc.
Moved up here from Florida myself 17 years ago I love it if you don't need all the amenities entertainment and hustle and bustle of the cities I'm about two hours south west of Nashville

Northeast Tennessee is definitely beautiful mountains streams, but it's very busy for my taste. I prefer much farther west, more rural farm country and quiet, But no matter where you decide on we'd be glad to have you
BC Jr: Try a little harder. You may be able to get Tommytrees to buy out your neighbor, and together y'all might have a great relationship and both of y'all's deer can grow older. Make your neighbor so mad that he will give Tommytrees a great deal and you will get a great neighbor and bigger, older deer.

Tommy: Bride is fine and thank you for asking!!. I used to travel to Johnson City all the time for work and was great place to live. If I recall, it was name best place to retire at one time or another. Wideners reloading is located there as well so supplies will be close at hand;). Good fishing up in hills and at the reservoir there. Hunting is really good from the guys I use to talk to at the plant (now closed) I visited.

Tommy: Bride is fine and thank you for asking!!. I used to travel to Johnson City all the time for work and was great place to live. If I recall, it was name best place to retire at one time or another. Wideners reloading is located there as well so supplies will be close at hand;). Good fishing up in hills and at the reservoir there. Hunting is really good from the guys I use to talk to at the plant (now closed) I visited.
Keep that on the down low I may have plans for Tommy's future

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.