Back to my roots

Thank you for posting this. I have a S&W 44 Mag and have thought about hunting whitetails here in MT. Your story is an inspiration.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Few things as exciting as big bore revolver hunting. Wish Montana had a dedicated handgun season but that will never happen, get that 44 ready and get her in the whitetail woods, will be a great time.

Nice buck and story!
My roots go back to 12ga slugs, till they allowed pistols. Then a Ruger Super Red Hawk in 454 Casull was used with a little success. Never could warm up to the hand cannons though but just cant seam to part with the Striker or SRH...maybe it'll come back around?
cjgr-1.jpg

Have to admit, you and Mark Hampton and Mark Jackson have been true inspirations to me for handgun hunting. When i was promoting my rifles, watching your handgun shooting and hunting exploits kept that fire burning!! thanks!
We are always glad to enable! 😊
At times, I have wondered why you got away from handgun hunting, but just never asked you.
E

I shot an XP-100 (all stock) for some time in the groundhog fields. I eventually sold it to a buddy that kept it all original. I always liked the center grip platform and just might build me an Ernie-pistol. :)

Been thinking one of these days I would start to gravitate from the hot rods to lever guns. Now you have me thinking about handgunning. Might give me more inspiration to go out on those scrape lines and start rattling again.
Pre rut rattling with handguns can be some of the most exciting hunting there is. Used to do it all the time but lost access to the river bottom property we used to hunt, sold to new owner, out of state owner and now its a vacation property and no hunting or fishing access allowed….. Pretty much grew up on that river until i was around 20 years old. Then figured out how to really hunt it for the next decade and no gone to us…. Like much of Montana is getting to be…😡😔