Back In The Field

jiml

Hi folks
Great forum here. I'm Jim from Oklahoma and I'm getting back into hunting and shooting again after several years off. My hunting buddy(my son) and I used to hunt bow, black powder, and rifle all the time. We just shot for fun alot too. We lived in the back of a pick-up in a camper shell during hunting season. Then he went off to the Marines. Four years in the Marines and one year in Iraq during reserve time took him away for a long time. It just wasn't the same-alot was missing and I quit for a long time. I adopted two grandchildren (not his) and the 7 year old loves knives, guns, bows and just being in the woods with a stick so here we go again. Life gets better. My Marine son has moved back to this town too and it is heating up again. I'm starting to reload again and targets and long range are growing on me again. I'm having to grow slowly lest the little bride freaks over the wild passion this becomes. I stumbled onto this site and it hits right at home with me. I'm not planning on getting into competition this time but you know how that works. I sure like wringing as much out of them as I can get. Sure have a lot of info here and I look forward to gleaning as much of it as I can.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.