Back from vacation, broken freezer, smelly garage.

couple years ago when the 7.0 quake hit us, water heater damaged, boiler compromised and Everything got dumped off the shelves in my reloading roon in the garage, still haven't fully identified the thousands of bullets all mixed up in a couple 5 gal buckets, I just bought new ones, lol ....

BUT, that was all acceptable, except this ....A can of spray paint rolled behind a 19 cf chest freezer and pulled the plug out a bit, cutting off power to the freezer, I looked but alas did not check if plug was securely in ... Moose grind, steaks, sausages, pepperoni sticks, king salmon, silver salmon, red salmon, halibut etc ... all neatly vacuum sealed kept the odor down until they were swollen and finally one bag popped and set off a chain reaction at 3 am several months later

rudest awakening I've ever had, can still smell it at 3am like the fires of hell when the devil roams in the twilight

I checked my burn barrel and it's all reduced down to about 2" of ash and little globs of plastic wrap, vacuum bags, etc. What a nightmare. Will start searching for an upright so it doesn't get packed down and going unused. We had stuff from 2010 in there, (halibut). Chest freezers can be a pain. The 23 pound turkey completely eliminated. Wow.
Will buy an temp alarm as well.

Them freezers know how to belly up right when your gone every time. Its like last revenge of the dead deer.. I had same thing happen once. Bleach was my friend. But vinegar cuts the blood and stuff pretty good too.

I think the best thing would be to bury it all in the ground, it would be like fertilizer. I had a funny situation, I once drank a beer on the balcony and snacked on dried meat, all this was happening on the balcony. I was very relaxed under the influence of alcohol and didn't notice how I touched the plate with the meat. It fell into the radiator under the window. I forgot about it, and over time it began to stink, the smell was very unpleasant, so much so that one day I could not stand it, took off the radiator, and then threw it away. Buy online from the radiator outlet website and installed a new more designer and cool radiator. That's the kind of story I had.