B&L Scope & Target Turrets

Nodak7mm

I have a 5.5x15 B&L that I'd like to have a little more user friendly for LR. It has just standard 1/4 clik turrets, would like to have target turrets put on. (called Bushnell this am and could'nt talk to a tech person, only sales putzes. Got frustrated after 5 minutes and hung up) I have done a search and nothing really comes up except for maybe gimmicky looking things.

Any suggestions outside of getting a different scope..

Thx

Nodak

I have the same problem. I bought a Bushnell Elite 4200 planning to put Stoney Point knobs on it, only to find out the Stoney Point doesn't make them for Bushnell. If you do find something, please post it.
RBrowning

Wideners carries factory bushnell knobs. They were discontinued a while back so you may get turrents that say 3000 or 4000.

They work very well and look great. A do it at home change too. I have them on my 4000 2.5X10 hunting rifle and have not had any problems in a couple of years of use.

Jerry

RBrowning: I tried to email ya but it was returned. I have emailed (hopefully someone who can help) at Bushnell to see if such a swap can take place. I followed up with Jerrys suggestion and called Wideners, he had nothing but said he used to just call up and order them. Therefore I am trying bushnell again.

Next MI shoot, I want in too. I got Crows email to late on Sat and had already made plans. I think there is definatly a LRH presence in MI. But I can't for the life of me figure out where ya can shoot past 300 yds cause of all the danged trees. Crow has a secret spot and hopefully we'll all hook up and have fun. If I figure this turret thing out, I'll advise via this post.

Jerry, thanks for the suggestion..

Nodak7mm

Are you guys talking about Wideners Reloading and Shooting Supply in Johnson City, Tennessee? I'm in there about 2-3 times per week. If so, I'll get the scoop and post it.

Just let me know for sure,

Take care

CC

My positive reply from a Bushnell Tech Rep

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>The only option that I am aware of with out doing custom work is we made in the late 90's a set of add on adjustment for target use. I have the last set here at the company but they are for the 4000.
If you would be so kind as to send myself a UPS Deliverable address I can send these out to you <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I am a very happy camper. I emailed the guy back to see what he meant by custom work (who, where, etc) and will advise. The tech Rep also gave me the part# for the turrets is 76-4000 so maybe this will help.

But, next LRH scope will have to be a Leupy!!!

Nodak

Nodak7mm,
Sorry about the e-mail address SNAFU. We just changed providers and I entered .com instead of .net. OPPS.

Did you say that you got the last set of turrets that Bushnell had? Darn! And I was going to tell you where we went shooting too!
grin.gif

I'm glad one of us got a solution w/o having to buy new.

RB. Hey I got us a pn# to go for and I have several B&L scopes.... Maybe Rolltide will score some good news at wideners...

wink.gif

Nodak

Got the turrets from Bushnell today, things are mint and the best part, Free of charge!!! I wish I could get my hands on another set. Hope to put them on and try em out shortly. Helping kid make indian fishing spear for history class.....

Nodak

I finally got to talk to the guys at Wideners. They said they have never ordered the turrets before. I know one of the guys who used to work there some time ago. I'm going to give him a call and see if he can help out.

Till then, take care

CC

Can you post a picture of the target knobs from Bushnell. I have a 4200 that would like to have some.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.