B&L 15-60x60mm Discoverer. Any good?

Lee Owens

What do you guys think of it? I know a guy at work with one for sale. Haven't seen it yet buthe says it's in great condition. He's asking $175. Can I put a pair of these in a bracket for Big Eyes?

Thank you, Lee

Lee

The Bushnell Spacemaster makes a much nicer setup and the price is a tad bit less.
Never try to put two variable power eyepiece
optical units in a bracket. You can never make them the same power for each eye and the eye strain is unreal.
I have put at least 40 sets together over the years. A two spotter optical unit with fixed power eyepieces (Preferably 20X to 22X wide angle) is the way to go.
For long hours of viewing it is VERY uncormfortable to use just one spotter instead of a double unit in a bracket.
For a good setup with Spacemasters and the bracket, the cost will be from $650.00 to $750.00.
You can spend much more if you go to the twin Kowa in a bracket. I doubt if you will see a differance in the two units though.
It's hard to beat the Spacemasters in a bracket for the money.

Darryl Cassel

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.