AZ Late rifle elk success.

Congrats, very nice and good shooting. I like the 215 Bergers as well. I dropped an elk in his tracks at 737 yards in Wyoming 2 years ago. Mine is 3152 fps mv out of a 300 RUM. On another note, I put a 5-20 SHV on and took the 7-300 deer hunting this year. Gun shot very well for just loading some rounds to get it lined in for 100 yards to take it after PA white tails. Didn't get to zap one though.

Last edited:
A simple saying, that many of us have heard, comes to mind, "If you don't have anything nice (or informative in this case) to say, then don't say anything at all.

I personally think the ability to successfully make the shot, and kill, from that range grants you much respect. Generally, posters like the one above are usually impotent in their abilities and it comes out verbally negative to those that are not.

A simple saying, that many of us have heard, comes to mind, "If you don't have anything nice (or informative in this case) to say, then don't say anything at all.

I personally think the ability to successfully make the shot, and kill, from that range grants you much respect. Generally, posters like the one above are usually impotent in their abilities and it comes out verbally negative to those that are not.

Congratulations on a outstanding shot and a difficult hunt. As many know, late season hunts can be difficult due hunting pressure, weather, and down right freezing to death. I have much admiration for anyone that works hard enough to obtain a shot during the late season.

We all know that the work just begins when the shot is taken and many hours are spent packing the meat out. Hunting, regardless of your method, is not just about the shot. It is about the entire experience from scouting to enjoying the meat that you have harvested. It appears that this man did thoroughly and successfully enjoy the entire hunting experience. Thus, his method should not be in question, especially by another hunter.

If you are a hunter, then you must respect the method(s) of other hunters. Some may be very proficient at theirs skills and feel shooting an Elk at 100-200 yards would be like "shooting fish in a barrel". An 800 yard shot may have also been the only shot that they had. It is evident that this man was up to the shot. I only wish that I had the vision to make an 800 yard shot.

Normally, I do not post much on any site. However, this was just too much! Hunters attacking Hunters are exactly what the anti-hunting population strives for. This man worked hard for his Elk and should not be disrespected!

Congratulations on a outstanding shot and a difficult hunt. As many know, late season hunts can be difficult due hunting pressure, weather, and down right freezing to death. I have much admiration for anyone that works hard enough to obtain a shot during the late season.

We all know that the work just begins when the shot is taken and many hours are spent packing the meat out. Hunting, regardless of your method, is not just about the shot. It is about the entire experience from scouting to enjoying the meat that you have harvested. It appears that this man did thoroughly and successfully enjoy the entire hunting experience. Thus, his method should not be in question, especially by another hunter.

If you are a hunter, then you must respect the method(s) of other hunters. Some may be very proficient at theirs skills and feel shooting an Elk at 100-200 yards would be like "shooting fish in a barrel". An 800 yard shot may have also been the only shot that they had. It is evident that this man was up to the shot. I only wish that I had the vision to make an 800 yard shot.

Normally, I do not post much on any site. However, this was just too much! Hunters attacking Hunters are exactly what the anti-hunting population strives for. This man worked hard for his Elk and should not be disrespected!
Very well said.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.