Axiom Stocks?

Autorotate19

Has anyone used those new axiom stocks. The look pretty sweet. Durable Reinforced Polymer Construction with Aluminum Pillar Bedding,
Adjustable Length-of-Pull from 11.25 to 15.25 Inches,
Two Recoil Suppression Devices for Maximum Recoil Reduction. Free floated barrel.... Does anyone have one?gun)

I have an Axiom U/L on a Weatherby Vanguard in 300 wsm. I am shooting factory Federal 180 TSX. One day, I put 60 rounds down range in the prone with a t-shirt on and didn't feel a thing. Also, no bruising. I did replace the factory recoil pad with a Limbsaver pre-fit. Can't remember model number. If you get one just take your adjustable stock off and find the model that fits. The mount holes will lign up perfect. The pad will be a little long at the top end(1/8") and about 1\4" short on the bottom end. Fit is still pretty good. The only thing I would suggest is a pad on the cheek. After 60 rounds, the muzzle jump was more noticeable than the recoil. I have my cheek piece in the upper position with tall mounts for the scope. I heard a couple guys say the scope is too close on the U/L model. Hello...the stocks is adjustable. Make sure you adjust your stock length(according to your trigger pull and comfort) before mounting the scope. Also, remember that this unit compresses slightly to take away felt recoil. Maximize your scopes eye-relief. I have shot 600+ rounds without contact. My scope only zooms to 10x and has a 3.4 inch eye-relief.

Here's a link so you can see what I'm talking about. Hit the zoom to get a better view.
300 wsm Weatherby Vanguard Axiom Stock 003 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Add ons: Timney trigger, Cerakote non-bake(olive stock-titanium barrel), Pro-Bed 2000-bedded front pillar only, Harris swivel bi-pod, Mueller Tac II, Kenton Ind. windage and elevation LR Hunter turrets.

I wanted a cheap tack driver, and hunting back-up rifle, that I could shoot more without developing bad habits. I have a Browning 300 win mag w/boss-cr that is my primary hunting rifle. No brakes for me anymore. Tinnitus in my left ear. Anyway, I only way about 150 and the magnums beat me up a little. Not with the Axiom.:D

I am getting consistent 1/2-3/4 inch groups with this rig. I am just starting to reload and expect this group to get even tighter. I did have one advantage though. When I bought this rifle, I had the guy behind the counter grab all 4 300 wsm's and show me the target from the factory. This gun was sub-moa before Weatherby started the Vanguard Sub-Moa line. Today's cost around $700. My cost a couple years ago was $425.

I also installed a Axiom Comp-Stock on a friends Remington 300 Rum Sendaro with a limbsaver grind-to-fit. He also had a brake on the rifle. I can't vouch for the recoil without the brake, but, the combination of all 3 add-ons turned his gun into a puppy dog. Perfect for him since he's 65 with a bum shoulder.

My conclusion. If you're not a fan of recoil...buy it. Just remember. You might have to do a little bedding around the pillars to make it more accurate. Mostly in the U/L models. After bedding my front pillar(only a 2inch section) the action is very snug. I have to pull with some force to get it to release. I didn't do any bedding on my buddies Comp-Stock and his rifle was shooting sub-moa also. Hope this helps some of you interested in the Axioms.

I thought of buying one for my wife's rifle because of the adjustable stock. Once I put my hands on one in a store I changed my mind. The forearm is too flexible for my taste. We mainly shoot off of a bipod and I feel there would be way too much movement for shooting long range. If Manners made one with similar adjustments I would jump on it.

Just got mine yesterday and I love it. I can't say how it shoots but I love the feel of it. Put it on my 257 wby mag
bc76fbab.jpg

Hey JARHEAD! Just to let you know. They make 2 versions. I bought the U/L because I hunt the big country here in Wyoming and it is lighter. They make an aluminum version(V/S) that is heavier. If you and your wife stand hunt it might not be an issue. For what it's worth, my setup is very effective in the prone or seated position out to 600 yds. Well...unless the darn Wyoming wind decides blow more than it already does. Then I go with my pack. Oh yeah. I was thinking about building a 300 RUM with the heavier Axiom. I saw it on sale for $290...I think. Just run a google search if your interested.

Last edited:
Hey JARHEAD! Just to let you know. They make 2 versions. I bought the U/L because I hunt the big country here in Wyoming and it is lighter. They make an aluminum version(V/S) that is heavier. If you and your wife stand hunt it might not be an issue. For what it's worth, my setup is very effective in the prone or seated position out to 600 yds. Well...unless the darn Wyoming wind decides blow more than it already does. Then I go with my pack. Oh yeah. I was thinking about building a 300 RUM with the heavier Axiom. I saw it on sale for $290...I think. Just run a google search if your interested.

Thanks for the info. The one I saw was on a rifle at Scheels. 600 yds is about her comfortable max anyway. The wind is the toughest thing for us in terms of shooting also. It seems like the calmest days are when we are working.

I am wondering if the recoil reduction in the stock would tame the big boys like the 338rum or maybe a 338-378 enough to not need a muzzle break, they look bad assssss

I am wondering if the recoil reduction in the stock would tame the big boys like the 338rum or maybe a 338-378 enough to not need a muzzle break, they look bad assssss

I would have on braked anyway. My 13lb 7SAUM recoils like an M16. The only "bad" thing is that it's a little loud, but how we hunt we have time for earplugs.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.