Autotrickler v4

You must have missed the' in my opinion' part.

It is all good.
Henry
Hey Henry
All Good, I admire your trust in Area419. We have purchased many products from 419. Hope that this Super Trickler works out-which it will for many that purchase.
Great conversation to keep everyone up.
Len
Happy Holidays to you and your family. May you all have a healthy and Prosperous New Year!
God Bless
Len & Jill

I'm going to ask a stupid question, but these things are $1000 plus.

How much worse is a scale of this accuracy with a manual powder thrower and trickler?

A manual powder thrower and a trickler won't drop a charge to within 0.05gn in 10 seconds without me touching it. It's not about accuracy, it's about consistency and SPEED.

Cheap, fast, or accurate. I vote for fast and accurate, it's not that expensive relative to all of the other things that we use. $1200 chassis, $500 barrels, $1,300 actions, $3,000 scopes, $1 bullets and 10 cent primers, in the wash it comes out to less than what it costs to shoot 500 rounds. And my time does have a cost associated with it.

If I shot ten rounds at a time, no way it's worth it. But I want to load 200 rounds at a time, and shoot that times two monthly.

Last edited:
I watched a video of how the Super will have full automation capability. It was putting the powder in cases that were on a case block. If comes to fruition that you can put 50 or whatever amount of cases down and say go and walk away then I would say yes it has superior programming capabilities. I have no clue as to the quality of the electronics themselves. Even if it only dumped powder into one case it would save time. Im on both waiting list and will buy both. Then i will use them and see what works best for me then sell the other unit for probably what i pay for it.
Shep

Like Tex said, Cheap. Fast. Accurate/Consistent. Pick 2, you don't get the 3rd.

When my AD120 showed up, I tested it against the beam balances I had and against a very expensive lab unit I have access to. The AD120 did pretty okay when compared to the lab unit, keeping in mind cost.

Out of the beam balances I have, the LEE did the best against. I was able to hand trickle charges that were very close to the consistency of the autotrickle and ad120. But is was painfully slow.

As far as customer service, I have zero complaints with Autotrickle. Adam has been very quick to get back to me any time I had a question. I have worn out 2 stepper motors and more drive belts than I can keep track of. I consider this normal wear and tear for the amount of use it has seen. He has been great about sending me parts at cost or free.

A manual powder thrower and a trickler won't drop a charge to within 0.05gn in 10 seconds without me touching it. It's not about accuracy, it's about consistency and SPEED.

Cheap, fast, or accurate. I vote for fast and accurate, it's not that expensive relative to all of the other things that we use. $1200 chassis, $500 barrels, $1,300 actions, $3,000 scopes, $1 bullets and 10 cent primers, in the wash it comes out to less than what it costs to shoot 500 rounds. And my time does have a cost associated with it.

If I shot ten rounds at a time, no way it's worth it. But I want to load 200 rounds at a time, and shoot that times two monthly.
I'm getting to be an old man......so let me give you a little piece of advise.....don't be in a big hurry to do everything as fast as you can. Sit at your reloading bench and take time to smell the powder....before it's burnt.....then take the time to smell it as it's burnt.....before it's all used up. 😉

I'd bet you could pre-order it through unknown munitions, I've heard you have to get on the back order list or you will never get one, they just keep getting pushed back. Wait times are about 8 months.
I'm getting to be an old man......so let me give you a little piece of advise.....don't be in a big hurry to do everything as fast as you can. Sit at your reloading bench and take time to smell the powder....before it's burnt.....then take the time to smell it as it's burnt.....before it's all used up. 😉
I don't have enough time to sit and relax doing everything, even if I enjoy it. saving time at the reloading bench usually means I get to do something else also whether its one of my many hobies, work, chores or just spending time with the family.

I'd bet you could pre-order it through unknown munitions, I've heard you have to get on the back order list or you will never get one, they just keep getting pushed back. Wait times are about 8 months.

I don't have enough time to sit and relax doing everything, even if I enjoy it. saving time at the reloading bench usually means I get to do something else also whether its one of my many hobies, work, chores or just spending time with the family.
One day you'll change your mind.....

Yea, but there are $300 scales that get the job done. I can press the trickle button.

I do prefer the raw speed of a dispenser though.

Lot of opinions in this thread. Everyone can find what fits them. I reload to shoot. I'm not looking to spend 8hrs loading up 200rnds when I can do it in 1/3 of that time and I have been spoiled by to the kernel accuracy. An Autotrickler cuts that time dramatically while providing to the kernel accuracy. I have had a v3 and now a v4 and both have been fantastic. Had one issue with v3 and I had a great CS experience so not sure what happened there. Adam is active on multiple forums and been great.

Supertrickler looks interesting but I'll wait to see it after it's been released and proven versus opinions and speculation right now.

For ordering a v4, best to get an order in line with CEproducts or Adam's site in the links provided earlier in the thread. Jake and his wife are great at Unknown and wouldn't hurt to check in with them also. It'll most likely be awhile given Adam is fulfilling order from March right now.

Last edited:
Received my V4 last week and have it up and running this week. I'll tell you I love this thing, fast and accurate! I does reliably meter down to one kernel... only tried H4350 so far. My velocities are tight and accuracy great, spending MUCH less time at the loading bench.

I'm sure others will come up with fantastic auto-tricklers as well, more power to them!

I'm going to ask a stupid question, but these things are $1000 plus.

How much worse is a scale of this accuracy with a manual powder thrower and trickler?
That's how I use my fxi……I don't load many rounds but the super trickler would be what I would get and hopefully some day I can get an accessory like that to be "quicker".