Autotrickler v4

Mine dispenses very consistently, even up to 100gr, in the 10 second per charge range. Only seems to over throw if I'm moving too much in front of it, throwing off the scale reading while it's dispensing.

Got my V4 set up today. I bought one of the after market risers for it as well as the Pyrex hopper and extra cups.

To say this is an upgrade over my Chargemaster is an understatement. It throws in 1/3 of the time or less than the Chargemaster. I used it with both ends of the spectrum today. 50'ish grain drops of CFE223 and BL-C2 up to 82 grains of LRT and then finally 72'ish grains of N570. All of the ball powder never overthrew. Was usually spot on. I had one overthrow with the N570 but that was on the first throw of the series. After that it ran flawless.

My only complaints are:
  1. It leaks ball powder from somewhere. It ends up on the platen and inside the riser enclosure.
  2. Powder changes are a bit of a challenge. Still trying to figure out the most efficient way to do them.

Powder changes are a bit of a challenge. Still trying to figure out the most efficient way to do them.
I lock the hopper and pull it off, set on the edge of the powder canister, and open it up. Then turn off scale, unplug the wire, lift the entire unit up and set on the edge of the canister, and lift the clear plastic door on the rear up. Let it drain, tilt back and shake it all out of the tubes, drain again. Hook up and re-cal with the new powder.

IMO easier than my Hornady AutoCharge was having to bring the canister to the dispenser.

I lock the hopper and pull it off, set on the edge of the powder canister, and open it up. Then turn off scale, unplug the wire, lift the entire unit up and set on the edge of the canister, and lift the clear plastic door on the rear up. Let it drain, tilt back and shake it all out of the tubes, drain again. Hook up and re-cal with the new powder.

IMO easier than my Hornady AutoCharge was having to bring the canister to the dispenser.
I've been doing the same to drain the hopper.

Then I place the powder bottle under the door on the back and drain.

Then manually run both tubes into the cup and then pour that into the powder bottle. I have to drain the rear door one more time.

I guess really just one extra step over the Chargemaster.