Autotrickler v4

I ordered the V 4 over a year ago and wasn't patient enough to wait so I ordered the V3 and I love it but I have only used it on Stable 6.5 which is a very fine powder. I might think differently when I start using 4831 or H1000

I ordered the V 4 over a year ago and wasn't patient enough to wait so I ordered the V3 and I love it but I have only used it on Stable 6.5 which is a very fine powder. I might think differently when I start using 4831 or H1000

I've used mine with surplus 10B101, which is without a doubt the worst powder I have ever dealt with. Most people who bought it ended up saying the hell with it and using Lee scoops to burn it up in something like 45-70 cast bullet loads. I use my V1 to throw charges for .44spl on a Dillon 550. Slower than using the dispenser but a lot faster than single stage and lee scoops. I get +- .05gr because of the larger flakes. 4831 or H1000 will be no problem.

Just got shipping notice for my V4. I put in my hold between 14 00 and 15 00 eastern on 12-March-21.

I saw the Super Trickler as well on Area419 recently. Very curious about that compared to the v4. My reservation was in end of April, but want to learn more about this new one. If anyone has more info, please share!

I saw the Super Trickler as well on Area419 recently. Very curious about that compared to the v4. My reservation was in end of April, but want to learn more about this new one. If anyone has more info, please share!
They seem a bit ahead of their skis. They won't have a production version to test with ball powder until, well, the design is long since finalized. Not an early adopter item in my opinion.

Last edited:
Where are you guys getting your fx120 scales? Also, do they require special programming?

Where are you guys getting your fx120 scales? Also, do they require special programming?

Here's where I got mine earlier in the year. I'd been dragging my feet for over the last 3 years on buying one and don't ever recall seeing them out of stock. Cambridge and CE are both out of stock now.

These guys have them in stock but are considerably more for the FX120i I paid, but then again inflation is driving prices up on everything. Maybe they have some Black Friday deals going on?

Last edited:
Also, do they require special programming to use with the autotrickler?
The scale doesn't require special programming, but there are several settings that have to be adjusted.

The manual has a detailed walkthrough of the settings that need to be changed - my scale must have come pre-set because I ordered it with the V4, but I checked all the settings anyways, and it wasn't difficult. Took about 10 mins of set up to get it up and running is all.

Last edited:
Finally got mine setup last night. It arrived in November. Last 3 months have been an *** kicker, finally getting back to whatever normal is.

The scale does require internal configuration and downloading the app for your phone or tablet. This is really easy to do and the manual walks you through it. I ran through the whole configuration process just to be safe. In the end, I didn't have to change anything from the V1 settings.

I threw some imr4064 charges and I am impressed with how well this thing runs. I havent changed powders yet, but I think that process might be kind of cumbersome. Looks like the meter unit will have to be disconnected from the wiring in order to dump the powder out.

Recent Posts