Autotrickler v4

Finally got mine setup last night. It arrived in November. Last 3 months have been an *** kicker, finally getting back to whatever normal is.

The scale does require internal configuration and downloading the app for your phone or tablet. This is really easy to do and the manual walks you through it. I ran through the whole configuration process just to be safe. In the end, I didn't have to change anything from the V1 settings.

I threw some imr4064 charges and I am impressed with how well this thing runs. I havent changed powders yet, but I think that process might be kind of cumbersome. Looks like the meter unit will have to be disconnected from the wiring in order to dump the powder out.

Got mine two weeks but was only able to use it a little bit. Powder change was relatively easy, once you take the hopper off all you have to do is lift the trickler up and tilt it backwards to dump the powder out of the tubes then open the back gate to dump it into the powder container. Took all of a minute or two to change powders.

Mine throws 77gr of RL-26 in less than 15 seconds which is a far cry from the 45 sec to a minute that my chargemaster took. Additionally this thing is way better than the RCBS Matchmaster trickler that I got so frustrated with I returned it.

Looks like the meter unit will have to be disconnected from the wiring in order to dump the powder out.
You do have to disconnect the wire (at least I think that's easier to do). Apparently some guys intentionally break the clip off the black plastic connector to make that easier, since the connection doesn't have to hold against vibration or movement. I leave mine disconnected most times anyway since I'm constantly taking it off the balance for other things, it's just too good to not use haha.

I think you will be happy with it.

I do suggest a change to the installation manual that comes with the unit.

-install the serial port connection wire and the power supply cord before you do anything else.

Then start at step one in the instructions.

My V4 arrived Monday. Haven't had a chance to use it yet due to work. I'm looking forward to getting it set up. I bought the scale and had it delivered last year so from what I understand I'll have to program it. Looking forward to the upgrade from my Chargemaster.

My V4 arrived Monday. Haven't had a chance to use it yet due to work. I'm looking forward to getting it set up. I bought the scale and had it delivered last year so from what I understand I'll have to program it. Looking forward to the upgrade from my Chargemaster.
Depends on where you ordered it from, I got my scale from CE Products last year and the V4 straight from Adam but when I went to set up the V4 all the setting I was supposed to change on the scale were already done.

Depends on where you ordered it from, I got my scale from CE Products last year and the V4 straight from Adam but when I went to set up the V4 all the setting I was supposed to change on the scale were already done.
Same for me. Scale from CE and V4 from Adam.

So then you may not have to change anything but I would run through the first couple settings per the manual just to confirm. I assume CE sets up their scales for use with the AutoTrickler so it makes sense that the scales they sell are already set up for it.

So then you may not have to change anything but I would run through the first couple settings per the manual just to confirm. I assume CE sets up their scales for use with the AutoTrickler so it makes sense that the scales they sell are already set up for it.
I'll probably fiddle with it tonight and check it out. Thanks for the info!

Not a problem, I'll be running mine tonight with N560 and StaBall 6.5 so I'll be able to get some throw times for them.

Had some time to set mine up last night. Mine came programmed too.

I started out with Accurate 2230 which is a very fine ball powder, almost dust. Figured it would be the most challenging. Se everything up as per the manual. Calibrated the powder 1st and small tube motor seemed to stop on time but just continued to drift up after. Didn't see any powder falling after but is tiny.

Set at 100 grains and would drift upwards of 100.80 Grn. Slowly. Once cup was put back on it would read up to -.30. Calibrated scale itself with the included 100gm weight, reprogrammed it and tried for a couple hours with same results. After I calibrated the 2230 powder I did check the settings tab and tilted scale up in front to have the small tube throw between .10-.20 (.16) grns. as recommended in manual.

Running out of time I switched to the large kernel RL23. Was a night and day transition between the powders. It did great and was fast. It didn't drift after the powder was thrown and was right at .00 or +-.02 once cup was returned. I don't think I'll have any issues as most of my powder is kernels.

I haven't used the 2230 in a few years but was with my RCBS Chargemaster and didn't have any issues. No biggie though I guess. Next time I use it I'll probably just use a powder throw for bulk .223/.556

Negative

I did have a little ball powder winding up on the plate here and there and on the base of scale, but wasn't enough tp register weight. Must have been bouncing out?

It was also clinging to the outside of drop cone just above powder cup. I was thinking maybe static due to all the plastic. Ran some dryer sheets on them after the switch.