AutoTrickler V2 w/AutoThrow

StaMic006

I Recently ordered an AutoTrickler V2 with the AutoThrow and was curious if anyone else on here is using that setup? I will be using it with the A&D FX120i scale. Curious how the setup and tuning will be. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

I have the Auto Trickler & A&D 120i, but never ordered the Auto Throw. I don't use it much anymore, because I use mostly long grain powders and they tend to bind the Trickler and cause the belt to slip. I lost more time than I gained. It does work well with short grain powders. Go over to Accurate Shooters site, I believe they probably have all the info you need.

I am a recent convert from a Chargemaster 1500 + GemPro 250 as a checker to an AutoThrow + AutoTrickle and an A&D FX120i.

Done about 400 rounds

Pros:
1) it's fast
2) it's accurate
3) it's easy to set the charge weight

Cons:
1) The AutoThrow seems to struggle with large kernels. I haven't checked with Adam yet so there may be something I can do.
2) Splash out of the pan. Just keep a light long handled brush handy and keep checking.

IMG_20180122_165138802_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180122_165148651_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180122_165157182.jpg
Other than the large kernel thing, I love it.

I won't go back.

Some of the calibers I load for on the scale top.

50 DTC/Euro
338 Edge
26 Nosler and all xx-Nosler
50 WSM (for lack of a better name)
308 Winchester
6BR
5.7x28FN, loaded as a 22LR or 22 Magnum equivalent
20/5.7x28FN
17/5.7x28FN loaded as a 17WSM equivalent

Third picture background. More of my seated bullet samples for what I load.

JF, I started using a Dixie cup instead of the pan and I get no splash. I cut the straw down also

View attachment 92056 View attachment 92057 View attachment 92058 Other than the large kernel thing, I love it.

I won't go back.

Some of the calibers I load for on the scale top.

50 DTC/Euro
338 Edge
26 Nosler and all xx-Nosler
50 WSM (for lack of a better name)
308 Winchester
6BR
5.7x28FN, loaded as a 22LR or 22 Magnum equivalent
20/5.7x28FN
17/5.7x28FN loaded as a 17WSM equivalent

Third picture background. More of my seated bullet samples for what I load.

Very nice sir! Ready to get mine and get it running this week. I'm going to see how the Area 419 powder cup works out with it.

+1. I've had mine for about 4 months. Got away from the chargemaster gemgo combo as well. Shot 20 rounds out of my 6.5x47, got 1.6 sds. Only down side, I wish it were programmable.

Jay

Got the
I love mine. Get the Area 419 upgrades. The billet powder cup and adjustable base for Trickler is a must.

Got the powder cup and funnel showing up tomorrow. Wanted to see the base that comes with it before I ordered one. Thought abought making a custom base out of walnut or something.

Best upgrade I did was ordering the large breeze break and replacing the straw w/ a RCBS funnel and cut drop-tube. The insert on the bottom is the 22 and chokes it down enough to prevent splashing. I'm waiting on a longer tickler tube so I can punch it in from the backside, for now I just line it up on the left slider window and use the right-side for my paws.

auto.jpg

IMG_4395.JPG Hi
Just got my fx 120 auto throw and powder trickler.
I wasn't that happy with the cup they sent and with it being plastic the powder was sticking in it and would splash out.
Simple and cheap solution. Head do the store or in your wife's cupboard.
Get a stainless steel measuring cup. 1/3 cup works great. Way bigger no splash. And no sticking powder.
Best part I bought a set of for and it cost me $10.00 and no waiting.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.