Auto Trickler V4

Did you figure out the 1-10 setting for calibration thing from the live stream?
Yup, just slide it to the right for really fast, and left for slow. lol

The above video was on setting 10. (all the way right)

Get your orders in with Unknown Muntions folks! These things are going to go quick.

After several months of lots of OT, I finally used my V4 tonight. it's been here for a couple weeks, got it set up the day it came in but didn't get to use it right away. It was just about the easiest thing I've ever done for loading. Cannot overstate how happy I am with it. No drift, no mess, never more than 0.02gn diff from the target setting, and 4/5 drops were dead on. Ran the calibration sequence once and every charge dropped in less than 10 seconds. One thing I noticed using it in person that I didn't pay attention to in the videos was that the large drop tube actually reverses about a quarter turn when it stops so that there aren't kernels hanging on the edge of the tube to accidentally drop. I was a bit concerned at first because it took ~20 seconds to load the trickler tube while calibrating, but once it was filled it was definitely only dropping single/just a few kernels of spherical powder to hit the last 0.02gn. Incredibly easy to clean the powder out of, no spills at all loading it back into a 1# can.

Also I primed all the cases on my CPS, went very fast, I only wish that (hint hint) I had a way to really measure how precisely it was seating the primers. I've only run ~200 primers through it, waiting until I've hit at least 1k before I worry about measuring what it does. There's no possible way it's less precise than what I was doing with my carpal-tunnel hand going numb running the RCBS primer, and I'm very much so looking forward to priming a big batch of 300 BLK on it instead of doing 50 cases at a time over a few days. It was tough to tell what I was more excited about, the V4, the CPS, or the Inline Fab quick-change plates I finally put in. Three great products.

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

To each his own but I can hand weigh with a thrower and scoop twice as fast as all I have tried. I have the original RCBS auto trickler since it was introduced back in the late 90's. It was and is super slow but accurate. I never paid for the upgrade as a friend did and it was still slow. It is stored on the shelf to this day. Within the last year I purchased, tested, and returned a Frankford Arsenal and RCBS because the internet said they were so much faster now. Again too dang slow and did not save me a bit of time. I watched videos on this one and again not worth it to me in time savings or cost.

To each his own but I can hand weigh with a thrower and scoop twice as fast as all I have tried. I have the original RCBS auto trickler since it was introduced back in the late 90's. It was and is super slow but accurate. I never paid for the upgrade as a friend did and it was still slow. It is stored on the shelf to this day. Within the last year I purchased, tested, and returned a Frankford Arsenal and RCBS because the internet said they were so much faster now. Again too dang slow and did not save me a bit of time. I watched videos on this one and again not worth it to me in time savings or cost.
But you have not tried a v3 or v4 autotrickler correct?

Fixing a post I was wrong in. No way can I hand weigh based on the video attached to the thread. I had only looked at youtube and timed it myself.

Last edited:
Nope I have not. Only watched the comparisons on Youtube before I posted and timed it. The only advantage I saw was the V version was more accurate and that is big. Accuracy didnt matter to me as I was going to hand weigh them anyway. If I can hand throw/trickle faster and be just as even more accurate I'm done with the auto thing. I wish I had seen a post saying different when I was doing my research on the last two I tried.
You can hand weigh to .02 grains in 10 or so seconds with a scientific scale? The cheaper scales usually only do to .1 or so.
That's seems fast I will have to give it a try, if you can props to you.

That's exactly what this thread is about.
Oh I'm totally wrong then....based on the video in the thread it gets them out in 15 seconds. I will go back and correct my previous posts saying I could do it faster than the V4. No way possible for me to. I guess I can't change the original post as I wanted. This as good of a correction as I can do.

Last edited:
Initially I thought yep he has me on that accuracy detail, and remembered my scale would go .01 on grams. I have never ever seen anyone use a scale that measured and they loaded down to .01gr. I was very interested now as I had never timed myself, so ran out to the room grabbed some 4831, dumped in dropper, pan on scale, started stop watch, with same hand grabbed pan, dumped charge, bumped it .1 grain, stopped watch. First time 16 seconds, second time 25 seconds for a 79.8gr charge. Is there an auto electronic measure that can drop 79.8 grain charge in 30 seconds? I have not seen one even close and I'm open to information.

I was not satisfied so checked the same thing on the grams side and times were in the same area just both in the 20's. When I swapped back and forth my scale showed .2gr of change with .01 gram weight change.
Which is why my original question to you was have you ever used those scales before? It's like an opinion on something you have no expert me in. That is very slow for a reload time you are doing. I'm in the 12-15 seconds range loading up 90gr of n570 which is a massive kernel and I have the trickle slowed down all the way since one kernel weighs .06gr. For smaller kernels I can get the average time down to 10-12 seconds. The beautiful thing about the v3/v4 is charge weight doesn't matter. It's a bulk dump with a trickle to finish so once initial setup is done, all charges after that will be under 15 seconds, most being around 12 seconds. .0Xgr is much different than .Xgr as well. I used to use a rcbs chargemaster but after getting the autotrickler I'll never go back. Much faster and much more accurate.

Oh I'm totally wrong then....based on the video in the thread it gets them out in 15 seconds. I will go back and correct my previous posts saying I could do it faster than the V4. No way possible for me to.
Hand dispensing/trickling can he just as accurate as the expensive auto scales. Just a slower process. if you don't mind the time it takes there is nothing wrong with going this route.

Wow this is going to get to the point where in Wild Hogs movie "Should I wear sleeveless shirts or should I were sleeveless shirts?
I tried to put that clip in from the movie.
If someone know how to pull that clip out please put in!

Thanks.
Len & Jill