Attention Admins: Please Delete

Re: Backpack with buttstock holder. Suggestions?

You might try one of the medium size Alice packs with a frame. My son wanted one for college, not real pricey either.Hangar 18if I remember right we paid $35.00 on e-bay and alot of other places they run $80.00+ without the frame
shocked.gif

Len wrote up that exact pack idea a long time ago, it will be in the archives. Believe it is from Kafaru, not sure about that spelling. Remember he said the one he used was excellent.

After looking them all over I think the Long Hunter might be too big and since the Siwash will carry 85% of the LH it might be the way to go. Did you look at the military ones?
Remember they do have a Lifetime warranty on them, that could help justify the costof any of them.

Len used one of these on an Alaskan hunt a while back and he was very happy with it. Too bad he is traveling or he could give you direct info. He used the rifle holder accessory.

Len used one of these on an Alaskan hunt a while back and he was very happy with it. Too bad he is traveling or he could give you direct info. He used the rifle holder accessory.

Congrats Sheldon thats the one I got to thinking about without the embroidery.

Its like you say buy it once and you wont have to do it again, let us know how it works out for you.

Please tell us about your planned caribou hunt - where, with who, rifle, scope, type of hunting etc. Have never heard much about caribou hunting in Manitoba, are they woodlands?

I just received the Kifaru Pointman, and it is EXACTLY what you want. I got it for elk hunting and it'll work perfectly.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.