ATN X-Sight 4K PRO Day Night Vision Smart Hunting Scopes

CaptnC

I own and hunted this season with the ATN X-SIGHT II HD 3X14 and really liked it. Mine has been flawless from day one, even had current software. One of my buddies caught a hell of a deal on a ATN X-Sight 4K PRO 5-20x Day Night Scope for $400.00

Another buddy jumped on the band wagon, but paid full price and it bit the dust before he could even mount it on a rifle. So far CS has been horrid...has not heard from them in a week!

I've called them several times but only got someone one time. I was having trouble viewing the videos but I got the proper software so I can now see the videos but wis they would have used a more user friendly format.

Anyway...any one else have one? Had any problems? Any one have one for sale? I'm keeping my X-SIGHT II, but it makes the rifle too heavy for my wife so I would like to get a 4K PRO for her.

These are the hunting videos from this season so far...can't seem to get the sound to make it all the way to you tube...

I own and hunted this season with the ATN X-SIGHT II HD 3X14 and really liked it. Mine has been flawless from day one, even had current software. One of my buddies caught a hell of a deal on a ATN X-Sight 4K PRO 5-20x Day Night Scope for $400.00

Another buddy jumped on the band wagon, but paid full price and it bit the dust before he could even mount it on a rifle. So far CS has been horrid...has not heard from them in a week!

I've called them several times but only got someone one time. I was having trouble viewing the videos but I got the proper software so I can now see the videos but wis they would have used a more user friendly format.

Anyway...any one else have one? Had any problems? Any one have one for sale? I'm keeping my X-SIGHT II, but it makes the rifle too heavy for my wife so I would like to get a 4K PRO for her.
I was thinking of getting an ATN 4k Pro 5-20, can you tell me if the weight of this scope is balanced? I have a Sightmark Photon 6x50 and all the electronics are at the front of the scope making it front end heavy, cannot shoot without a tripod or bipod. How is the clarity during the day and when you zoom, is it to distorted to use past 5 power? I love the features it has, but have heard a few horror stories on firmware. Any info you can provide would be appreciated, thanks.

Well I have only had my hands on the two my buddies have. The one that works was great. I ran the zoom up pretry high. I don't recall how high, but it was crystal clear, that's why I want one. The X-SIGHT II HD is not clear at all at 14x.

The only time I handled one off a rifle was the one that was not working. It's lighter than my HD. I didn't notice if one end was heavier than the other. I think I would have if one end was heavier that the other.

Of my limited experience handling the 4k PRO it was mainly teaching my buddies how to use them. Both the HD and 4k are very similar in operation.

The improvements are worth the extra money, but I'm not sure the poor customer service is.

Bump to the top in hopes there is more info/owners out there...

UPDATE:
Buddy #2 who had issues...it was all software and we are not 100% sure Buddy #2 didn't cause the problem.

They never said what they did to fix it other than it was software.

But he is up and running...shot a doe and hog already with it...and recorded both shots! So he is one happy camper now!

So after helping Buddy #2 do the zero work and play with the scope some at the range. My only complaint is the rings...they are too high. They are roughly a half inch higher than they need to be. I've never seen a weapon that the shroud/forend around a barrel was taller than the scope rail on the receiver.

So a new set of rings are a must have item!

I had to order a 3/4" high wheeler picatany rail for my receiver and the mounts are Weaver High 30mm rings in order to get the Sightmark Photon 6x50 in my sight range with my cheek weld. That is one thing that I had a hard time with on an AR platform was the scope matching my cheek weld. Maybe if I add that ATN scope I will not have to add extra risers to my AR.

Here is a picture of his rifle, I t at a slight angleft but you can see its pretty high.
FullSizeR.jpg

That scope looks like it would be front heavy, is it that way? The Sightmark Photon is very front heavy with all electronics on the front end of that scope.

When I handled it off the rifle it seemed balanced, but I was feeling for over all weight. It didn't jump out at me that one end was heavier than the other.

I can see where it might give that impression just by the shape of it.

Where did your buddy find a 400$ 4k 5-20x scope? im in the market for one thats cheap but new.