ATN day/night scope

Deringer2

I know NOTHING about guns/scopes, shooting, etc., but would like to give my husband a night vision rifle scope for Christmas. He would use this to shoot wild hogs, skunks, etc on our ranch. My limited internet research indicates a 3rd generation ATN is available for about $5000, and I'm guessing "day/night" means he could use the same scope without removing it and/or fussing a bunch at all times. Any advice as to whether or not this would be a good choice -- keeping in mind we are located in a teensie town somewhere in the middle of nowhere and Christmas is just five shipping days away -- would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Stay as far from ATN anything as you can.

For very good night vision, look at morovision.com and look at the raptor series.
They are pricey and they are wortth every penny spent.

There are no good day/night scopes on the market available to the general public at the moment.. That's not to say day/night scopes are not available, it's just that they are an over priced compormise that perform well in neither environment.

Dear HoodCounty: Thanks so very much for your response. Because of your caveat, I stumbled across a very nice fellow in Texas who directed me to a Yukon Titanium Tactical Generation 3 Rifle Scope Model 26031T, which, while not made by Morovision, is less than half of what I was expecting to pay for the ATN. I appreciate your opinion and advice, and wish you the happiest of holidays.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.