atlas rail install

bretterath

i plan on trying out a atlas bipod but going to put a rail on the front of my stock to put it on and going to have the quick attach to take bipod off and on easily. My question is how are you guys installing the rail to the rifle stock?

if i put a low profile rail on and drilled through my stock and put two screws through it with a nut on each and when i tightened will it start to pull through that foam. I will be doing a hs and a manners.

how tall is it does it stick down off your stock quite a bit. Are u running a atlas bipod

It does stick down a little further than the standard Atlas rail. The Atlas is about .275" and the adapter that attaches to the stud is .600" so your mount point will be .325" lower. Just over 1/4 inch, so not bad. The beauty is you can go back and forth to different bipods easily.

I have a couple of the new design Atlas bipods I got from Len here and just starting testing them. I had tried the first design Atlas and was not fond of all the slack it had fore and Aft. The new design is much much better. Enough so that I put the rail back on my LRKM today and will be field testing the new Atlas again soon.

Jeff

This is my plan if u can understand it, i want to put the atlas rail on but wanted the lower profile one on and wanted to be able to take it on and off easily but also wanted to add the rapid pivot bipod stud in front of the rail so if I'm hunting in country that the grass is taller i can use my stoney point rapid pivot tall bipod for sitting and if i would be able to use the atlas i would just slide on the bipod. i will try to attach a video if it work on what i want to do, also a pic of the stoney point attachment.Now that u can see the picture i want to put a rail in front of that bipod attachment and leave that on there but will probably have to move that attachment back a little bit but i always want the option. Tell what u think. how would to attach the rail to the stock with the low profile one.
28533C47-DA07-4575-BFEC-79ED42CFA7A2_zps53sytt6a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I favor the Seeking SRS sling rail.Can run sling hole front or back for better fit of sling,I have one in each directiong for this.I front carry so this helps with some larger 50 bell scopes

I just got done installing three seekins rails with the sling stud built into the rail and I really like it. On the bell and Carlson stock I just tapped the aluminum rail that runs in the center of the fore end and used t nuts and epoxy them in the manners

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.