Athlon Optics

mobenzowner

Well Athlon scopes were kind of the rage a year or two ago in the value range category. I just went through the classifieds here for 10 or 12 pages, and unless I missed it, Found none for sale. Does this mean they are still thought of fairly highly for their price range and no one is selling? Or is it the opposite, issues are starting to show up with their durability or function. I was looking for what I thought would be a good value scope to put on a cheap little TC Compass in 6.5 cm. Since they've been out a bit what is the consensus on them? Specifically asking about the non-Cronus models.

EDIT: Wrong thread. That'll teach me to post on 2 threads at one time.

High end was nice, not sure if they're worth what they're getting for them but the clicks tracked and the glass was pretty darned good on their top end Cronus.

The lower end Ares was good as far as clicks and tracking, decent as far as glass quality for the price point but it didn't feel good to the eye.

Yep....one on my AR when purchased....blurry glass...or maybe its my eyes...or my glasses.....or the hillside was moving.....something wasnt quite right.......

I have a gen 2 on pre order. For ~600 I don't expect it to stand against 1500+ scopes, but am hoping it will suit me well for my particular needs. I'm not a "shoot at first or last light" so clarity and those hours isn't a concern to me. Dialing and RTZ is much more important to me, which I will report on as soon as I get my scope

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts