Athlon Optic opinions

I have a Cronus BTR that I really like. Tracks true, great glass, nice turrets, and seems very well built. Better glass than a vortex razor in my opinion but me and vortex scopes have never got along. When comparing side by side with my nxs glass is pretty close according to my eye balls.

IMHO you can't go wrong with them. Was turned on to them a few years ago by a friend that attended a course put on by former sniper that spoke highly of them. Same friend has a couple S&Bs and says the Midas TAC is just as good if not better glass. I have a Midas TAC on a 7mag , no issues for over 300 rounds so far. Same friend has same model on .243 and soon to be another on a 300WM, no issues. Another friend same scope on a 338WM running 300gr pills, so heavy recoil, no issues. I also have 2 of the Talos models on ARs. They also have good glass but the turrents aren't as good as the Midas has but still do what they are supposed to. As far as customer service goes, the scope my buddy got for the 300 had an issue when he first got it, 1 phone call and email and about 2 weeks later his replacement was at his door step. You definately get more scope for the money with Athlon. And also Doug at Cameraland (site sponsor) will give you the best guidance and price you can get on anything Athlon. Buy with confidence!

Curious if they are any good? How do they compare with Leupold, Vortex, Nightforce?? Thanks in advance
Best deal in the market at their price points. No need to pay 4 times more for a name! I bought one for 50 bmg. And like it as well as my Vortex, Burris scopes that I did pay 4 x more for.

I have two of the Athlon Optics Argos 4-20x50 - AHMR1 SFP MOA (discontinued & do not understand why as these are awesome scopes) on a Tikka .300 WSM and on a custom .264 Win Mag rifle that I built myself. Also have a couple of other Athlon Talos scopes on AR-15 rifle & pistol and they all have performed well. The Tikka .300 WSM is used more than the rest of the others and the scope holds up to it (even though it does not have that much recoil). I use this deer hunting and is clear in the woods and great right at daylight and dusk too. I have looked through a Midas and it is just as clear as my Nightforce scope.

We have 5 riflescopes & 1 pair binoculars. Love them all!!! Binos are extremely clear! Riflescopes all track "verified" correctly & love the reticles. 2 are Ares BTR Gen II, Midas Tac, Helos & a Talos.
Customer Service........ couldn't tell you cuz haven't needed them! I highly recommend!!

Last edited:
I am presently running about seven Athlons, 6 or 7 Leupolds and a S&B pm ii. I really like Athlon. The Midas TAC, Ares BTR, Ares ETR and Cronus scopes are as good as any. IMHO they are better than Vortex and as good as Leupold in comparable lines. The glass in the Cronus is as good as that of the Nightforce Atacr. I also think Athlon has one of the best reticles. In my opinion if your budget is $1600 or less you can't go wrong with Athlon. They are a great company. If my budget was unlimited and I just wanted to know I had the best money could buy I would go with a NF Atacr but not because they are necessarily better just more proven and battle tested. The Atacr is nearly indestructible but the Cronus is built in the same factory and I would bet uses the same or similar glass and components. Athlon's warranty is outstanding, though I have never had to use it.