Athlon Midas BTR G2 4.5-27x50 for big game hunting

Dartonjager

are you a vet, active, first responder or LE? Some manufacturers like leupold and NF have special pricing for those guys. For $800 Althon why not a tad more and get an shv? Similar reticle can be had. I got the f1 shv and it works good for my needs.

I take it, you have not had any issues with tracking?

So far,they all track really well. I use the Cronus out to a mile,the Ares out to 1k yards. I haven't shot the Midas out past 300 yards,but it's on my AR-15 varmint rifle.
The Cronus is worth every penny,I do wish the turrets were a little stiffer to turn and more tactile in feel. But performance wise,it holds it own with my IOR Recon and S&B PM II when it comes to tracking,the glass lags behind them just a little to my eyes.
I'd put the Midas and Ares in the same class as the Sightron SIII scopes. Athlon wins when it comes to the reticle choice and other features that Sightron doesn't offer.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.