Athlon Cronus BTR Scope

yorke-1

I heard a rumor that Hammer Bullets was going to start selling Athlon optics, and now I'm kicking around the idea of getting one to play with. My experience with them is pretty limited so I wouldn't mind hearing everyone's thoughts on these. I don't know that I actually need another scope, but I guess a new scope would be a good reason to build a new gun maybe?

Maybe I need to just add one to my next bullet order.... :D

Just put one on my RPR 6 creed. It is very impressive. All 29x are fully usable. Very clear glass! Can't wait to take it out to distance and really take advantage of all those X's.

I'm in the process right now of trying to get a special one time pricing for our customers on this initial order. So if anyone is considering a new scope, spotter, or binos this will be a great opportunity to get some exceptional glass at a great price. Leery me know what you are interested in and I'll get you a price and put you on this initial order.

I think Athlon is a great optics manufacture that is serious about making a heavy mark in the industry.
https://athlonoptics.com/

I heard a rumor that Hammer Bullets was going to start selling Athlon optics, and now I'm kicking around the idea of getting one to play with. My experience with them is pretty limited so I wouldn't mind hearing everyone's thoughts on these. I don't know that I actually need another scope, but I guess a new scope would be a good reason to build a new gun maybe?

Maybe I need to just add one to my next bullet order.... :D

The Athlon Cronus BTR is a great scope i would put it above a gen 1 Vortex razor and close but just below the Gen 2 Razor. I was the one that initially sent Steve my rifle and Athlon Cronus BTR to load develop the 338 Sherman Shortmag and 235gr bullets. I would highly recommend them for the price you can purchase them at the have a lot of features and really good glass for the price.

We've been blowing through the Cronus BTR and Ares ETR. The Ares ETR is worth looking at as well. All in all right there with the Cronus BTR. The difference will be color fringing at higher power magnification but that's really about all and the Ares ETR is much less $$$$

I was looking at the Midas BTR GENII what a price for all the features it has an still it still comes in at a great weight of 26oz. Has anyone used this one before that can say what glass is like.

ETR is in the Ares line. Locking windage, 34 mm tube and the turrets are more like the Cronus than the Ares BTR. Clicks were pretty mushy in the BTR. Reticle is also much more fine like a Cronus.

Love the Cronus glass period, whether it be scopes of Bino's. Ares ETR is no doubt my favorite scope for hunting when weight isn't a major issue. Under that the MTAC is next. If it had a lit reticle, I'd have a pile of them.

For those of you who have one of the Athlons, would you mind posting some pics of the scope mounted on a gun? Looking at the dimensions, they seem like a pretty compact little package so I'm curious how they look on a rifle.

B8C829DE-07BC-4B59-89C7-F722527C2B8C.jpeg
Here is an Ares ETR

Legendary Arms Works action. Kriger barrel 30".
6.5-06AI. Topped with a Cronus.

Attachments

• 20190129_190033.jpg
    20190129_190033.jpg
    930.4 KB · Views: 272
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.