ATF under investigation

There is no future for "Whistleblowers" in the Federal Government - best to skip "flagging alleged violations to superiors" - go directly political with documentation (U.S. Congress members who have issues with certain agencies) & include fears of reprisal. Don't depend on agency IG (Inspector General) or Merit Systems Protection Board.

Bureaucrats like to expand control & make policies that may or may not coincide with legislation.

No intent to "hijack" this thread but ATF sounds like a mega bureaucracy needing fixing.

LEAP (Law Enforcement Availability Pay) is not a "bonus", it is mandatory overtime for those Federal agents actually performing law enforcement work. (Not all agents get it, depends on the job. And not all agencies have LEAP.)
You end up working five 10 hour days in a week, minimum. Your LEAP hours are tracked and some have to report quarterly. If you fail to maintain an average of 2 hours a day overtime, you lose your LEAP.
I wasn't ATF, but one year my LEAP hours were 3.98 for the year. After I realized that, I vowed to never do that much again. Family is too important, and the bad guys will still be there the next day.

"I wasn't ATF". 😏

That's exactly what an ATF agent would say..

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1573736951142.jpg
    FB_IMG_1573736951142.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 128
"Government regulations stipulate the bonus is reserved for "criminal investigators" who are on call and expected to work unscheduled, additional hours.'

As per CBS news item.

Hahah. I feel bad for the guy that reported this. On the other hand he's going to get a nice payout from the Office of Special counsel for unveiling this. He'll get the negative performance reviews wiped from his record for the retaliation. 94x $25k x # of years… is $2.35million for every year at a minimum. I for one am glad he reported it. I work at OPM and the fact that they revoked ATF's ability to classify positions is huge in Federal HR

Recent Posts