ATF sure taking their good sweet time!

rtsj

Got two Supressors at the same time. End of july 2021. Both checks were cashed Aug 3rd. I'm now at 11 months and 3 weeks. Did both of them on the Silencer Shop Kiosk. I did do a family trust. Curious how long u guys have been waiting. I'm thinking any day now. Not sure if it's considered an e-file form 4 or what. U look on SilencerShop page they are saying 145-155 days for E-file form 4 trust and 13 months for paper file? My first Supressors so I have no clue. Sure wish they would hurry up! Chomping at the bit!

Roy

I've been waiting on one since last June. I just read a story a few days ago about a guy who filed January 21 and still doesn't have his.

Try to forget about them.
Holy crap! I sure hope it's soon. Want to start doing some load development lol. Just got a few barrels chopped and want to start playing.

Roy

Got two Supressors at the same time. End of july 2021. Both checks were cashed Aug 3rd. I'm now at 11 months and 3 weeks. Did both of them on the Silencer Shop Kiosk. I did do a family trust. Curious how long u guys have been waiting. I'm thinking any day now. Not sure if it's considered an e-file form 4 or what. U look on SilencerShop page they are saying 145-155 days for E-file form 4 trust and 13 months for paper file? My first Supressors so I have no clue. Sure wish they would hurry up! Chomping at the bit!

Roy
They cashed my checks in June 2021 for 3 cans and SBR.

Two weeks ago I bought a can for my B-T 45 pistol in eForm4. We'll see which stamps comes first

Last edited:
well just going to say this, take as you want
after decades in the gun business and after having been a class III dealer
I have meet and befriended a lot of folks in a lot of places
and I was once told this by a person I believe, as have been told like things several other times by others I trusted

when it comes to the ATF processing paper work, there is NO time frame, things can sit on a desk for weeks or months or YEARS, the folks processing them have NO time frame they have to follow
they can get one thru in a few hours to an end\less wait if they feel like it!
so when anyone says it takes "X" time, its not set in any stone by any means!
and more likely just comes down to to the person working that got your paperwork to go thru, and how they feel like processing it,
as far as I know there are ZERO written rules on a time frame they have to follow, which means, its UP to the person your paper work landed on there desk!
and that person might NOT be so motivated!
Just be happy when you get it, was what I was told, as it could have been a LOT longer!

and these days , I imagine the work load is as high as its ever been, and well, finding GOOD workers, NOT such a easy deal! or just ones that are not ANTI gun minded folks!

Think there is any way to petition the director (or whomever) to implement time-frames for reviews?

I work at the local government level in our county, and we administer a bunch of DEP programs. Most of them have a "permit decision guarantee" timeframe in which we/DEP must issue a decision on the permit application. Doesn't mean approval, I'm fact the decision may be "denied" or needs more info before approval, etc. But at least the applicant has an idea of what the max review time will be.

Doesn't seem unreasonable to ask the same of the ATF.

Think there is any way to petition the director (or whomever) to implement time-frames for reviews?

I work at the local government level in our county, and we administer a bunch of DEP programs. Most of them have a "permit decision guarantee" timeframe in which we/DEP must issue a decision on the permit application. Doesn't mean approval, I'm fact the decision may be "denied" or needs more info before approval, etc. But at least the applicant has an idea of what the max review time will be.

Doesn't seem unreasonable to ask the same of the ATF.
You are right.

It is hard to write performance rating on anyone without any metrics to measure their performance.

Waiting on 2 suppressors from Silencer Central since paper submission in October 2021. Met a guy who's been waiting for 13 months. He was told by Silencer Central (SC) that an online submission now would probably get results sooner than a year old paper submission. I was told by SC that they could not resubmit a paper request as an online request. (Online submissions became an option after I ordered mine.)
A little frustrating but trying to be patient.