ATF sure taking their good sweet time!

I must have missed that part. I remember a target processing time but not a promise.

View attachment 410933

I, too, was told (NOT a promise) that the average wait time was 90-days from ATF. Mine took 159 days (https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/90-day-jail-time-starts-today.295649/page-13).
Committed to 90 days, sounds like the target number in the sales pitch to me. You can either hold them accountable via the GAO or just let them continue to blow you off and take an interest free loan on your $200 fee with no actual deadline or enforcement. What you do really matters not to me.

Committed to 90 days, sounds like the target number in the sales pitch to me. You can either hold them accountable via the GAO or just let them continue to blow you off and take an interest free loan on your $200 fee with no actual deadline or enforcement. What you do really matters not to me.
I understand the frustration, but the bottom line is that no one was promised an "actual approval date," or no one was forced into it. I had experience with the GAO during the peak of A-76 OMB Circular/Competitive Sourcing (a Congressional mandate) with the Department of the Air Force in the late 1990s. If you think they move swiftly on anything, good luck with that. 🤣

I understand the frustration, but the bottom line is that no one was promised an "actual approval date," or no one was forced into it.
I KNOW you do, brother and of that I have no doubt……and you are 100% correct on the other things. I think I would have a better/more positive outlook on "my" situation if I had more information concerning this process and what might be contributing to the length of time it's taking. Without that, I feel like somebody is playing with my "_____" and it isn't me. 😇
Cheers, my friend. 🥃

The only reason I purchased it Dec 7, 2021 so I could use it this hunting season but season coming to an end this coming Tuesday so no hope there.

Got two Supressors at the same time. End of july 2021. Both checks were cashed Aug 3rd. I'm now at 11 months and 3 weeks. Did both of them on the Silencer Shop Kiosk. I did do a family trust. Curious how long u guys have been waiting. I'm thinking any day now. Not sure if it's considered an e-file form 4 or what. U look on SilencerShop page they are saying 145-155 days for E-file form 4 trust and 13 months for paper file? My first Supressors so I have no clue. Sure wish they would hurry up! Chomping at the bit!

Roy
Due to Biden and his agenda its a wonder we will get any!

I understand the frustration, but the bottom line is that no one was promised an "actual approval date," or no one was forced into it. I had experience with the GAO during the peak of A-76 OMB Circular/Competitive Sourcing (a Congressional mandate) with the Department of the Air Force in the late 1990s. If you think they move swiftly on anything, good luck with that. 🤣
you don't need a "promise" for someone to uphold a stated timeline. This isn't middle school. I'm sure with enough pressure some freedom loving congressmen from TX and the GAO can light a fire.

Or, one way to ensure nothing changes is folks can just sit back and complain on forums and do nothing at all.

I KNOW you do, brother and of that I have no doubt……and you are 100% correct on the other things. I think I would have a better/more positive outlook on "my" situation if I had more information concerning this process and what might be contributing to the length of time it's taking. Without that, I feel like somebody is playing with my "_____" and it isn't me. 😇
Cheers, my friend. 🥃
If you are wondering what's the hold-up? Your guess is as good as any of us. My WAG is the queue long because they do not have any actual warm bodies working in ATF willing and able to work for the pay, but of course, I am simply speculating. This reminds me of when my freezer died on me in late August. They cannot deliver it until the 2nd week of October. They cannot find delivery people to work because they were getting more money from the gooberment for not working. 🤣

I do not worry about things I do not have complete control over. I have other more pressing issues to worry about. I know people are frustrated and excited to have them, but worrying/complaining about it will not make the process go any quicker. Hang in there, Brother; it'll be on your hands before you know it.
you don't need a "promise" for someone to uphold a stated timeline. This isn't middle school. I'm sure with enough pressure some freedom loving congressmen from TX and the GAO can light a fire.

Or, one way to ensure nothing changes is folks can just sit back and complain on forums and do nothing at all.
Good luck!

If you are wondering what's the hold-up? Your guess is as good as any of us. My WAG is the queue long because they do not have any actual warm bodies working in ATF willing and able to work for the pay, but of course, I am simply speculating. This reminds me of when my freezer died on me in late August. They cannot deliver it until the 2nd week of October. They cannot find delivery people to work because they were getting more money from the gooberment for not working. 🤣

I do not worry about things I do not have complete control over. I have other more pressing issues to worry about. I know people are frustrated and excited to have them, but worrying/complaining about it will not make the process go any quicker. Hang in there, Brother; it'll be on your hands before you know it.

Good luck!
But you worry about it enough to post on a forum to compete strangers... Instead, that time could have just as easily been spent writing the entity responsible for oversight and maybe, just maybe doing some good.

The only "promise" gov't will give you is that if you do nothing, nothing will change.

But you worry about it enough to post on a forum to compete strangers... Instead, that time could have just as easily been spent writing the entity responsible for oversight and maybe, just maybe doing some good.

The only "promise" gov't will give you is that if you do nothing, nothing will change.
Because I care to comfort a friend. Do as you please and make a difference; I wish you the best of luck. I got my fingers and toes crossed for you. GAO itself needs overhauling, and so as many others.