ATF Pistol brace regulations

Tidus56

The ATF has opened up the comment section on pistol braces. I received an email from Aero Precision about it today. The link will have the info on exactly what they are trying to regulate. I oppose any further regulations and made my comment saying as much. Here is the link if y'all would like to add your opposition to it. To the Admin if this is in anyway not allowed please delete.

The BATFE (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) recently released information on how they will be determining the legality of Pistol Stabilizing Braces and whether they should fall within the National Firearms Act. There are countless concerning angles to this topic, but we will try to get straight to the point.

The most recent notice outlines criteria that are judged purely on subjective determinations as opposed to definitive statements that clearly identify what does or does not constitute a legal configuration of a braced firearm. This leaves both firearms manufacturers and owners at the mercy of ad hoc judgement of the BATFE. It allows for case by case determinations by individual agents in which no manufacturer or gun owner, let alone the agent themselves, can reasonably know what is legal or illegal.

Aero Precision does not agree or support this type of re-interpretation in which millions of law-abiding gun owners can be affected, and worst case, turned in to criminals at no action of their own. This could also have a lasting and catastrophic impact on the firearms industry and American businesses like Aero Precision. Thousands of jobs will be lost and the estimated economic impact to our industry eclipses 1 billion dollars over the next year alone. We urge you to review the BATFE's most recent proposal, get informed, and take immediate action.

The wording in the email from Aero Precision.

That's awesome! I realize most ppl on this forum are mostly bolt gun ppl but I feel like shooters should band together whenever possible.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.