Assault Weapons Ban 2013 explained

Re: Assult Weapons Ban 2013 explained

+1
Good post.

Also, in her proposal is no transfer of these firearms, meaning even if it is grandfathered in, it is still ultimately confiscation.

Everytime I hear and see what "she" proposes, it just makes me livid.
As the video relates, get involved and let your elected officials know.

Randy

Everytime I hear and see what "she" proposes, it just makes me livid.
As the video relates, get involved and let your elected officials know.

Randy

10-4 Please guys, get off your duffs and write a short note like the video says. Every one will count and we really need to do what we can here.

Thanks
Jeff

guys I couldn't find the link to send the letters too . could someone help me by posting the link . thanks Jim

Here is the link!!

Congress.org – Get informed, get involved

It is easy!

Here was my note. Feel free to copy all or part of it, if you like.

"To whom it may concern: I am strongly against any form of gun control and this includes the proposed "Assault Weapons" ban of 2013. We have enough gun laws, more will not help. The cost of this worthless venture to attack law abiding citizens, and strip them of their 2nd amendment rights, is nonsense. This proposed law has nothing to do with public safety. Lets spend the money to get help to these mentally ill people that are committing these heinous crimes. Or place armed guards at all our schools. It is a FACT!! That more gun laws equal more crimes. Lets do the right thing."

Guys, this is no time to be lazy. It only takes a few minutes. I can't understand why we all would not send a note. It is no more work that making another post about the sport we love. Do it!!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff for making it easy... I sent mine in and have received automatic responses from the CO Senators saying that due to the overwhelming numbers of emails it may be a few days before they can reply.

I'm hopeful that "overwhelming" will change to "overpowering"lightbulb

Jack

Excellent post Broz. This is excactly what needs to happen. Everyone who is vested in our god given right to own firearms needs to stand up, be heard, make themselves known to whomever it may concern.
I fear that some wont concern themselves with this legislation cuz it "dont affect them".

Make no mistake This is not about black guns, its about all guns. If they get this peice of our rights chipped away how long til they start chipping away at the next one, when it will concern more. Its been goin on since 1934.If we all band together they can not ignore us.

No more compromising our rights away. Its time they deal with this for what it is.....How do ya stop the crazys.

Great post again and thanks in advance for your support of the Constitution.

Thanks Jeff for making it easy... I sent mine in and have received automatic responses from the CO Senators saying that due to the overwhelming numbers of emails it may be a few days before they can reply.

I'm hopeful that "overwhelming" will change to "overpowering"lightbulb

Jack

I've also written alot of folks and signed a buttload of petitions---most recent one to impeach Senator Feinstein. (failure to uphold the United States Constitution)
I had contacted Senator Lindsey Graham, NC, thanking him for his support on gun legislation and the fact that he admitted to owning an AR 15 on national TV. I got the same response that they were extremely "busy" AND the fact that I was from Idaho put me in the "no response from the senator" category. Oh well, I made the attempt and I will keep doing so until this legislation is stopped.

Randy

That video reaffirms what I believe to be on the horizon should Feinstein's bill come to pass. I don't currently own any firearms that the general public has been told are "assault weapons", but her legislation goes far beyond what the masses have been told.
He IS correct, it is all about registration and confiscation. The list of banned firearms will grow exponentially when the control crowd get their foot in the door. It wouldn't take long for my 10/22 to be considered "not suitable for hunting or protection" and therefore should be banned,... I know how the control crowd works.
One day I will have the money to get another AR, and I want them to be there when I do.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.