Asking for opinings on a new rifle

Re: Asking for opinions on a new rifle

Typical Die hard Remington fan, will buy them regardless of how junk they are, what it costs to make them work, and has a stash of old triggers to drop in the new ones.... No bias ???

OP, there is nothing wrong with the accutrigger other than mentally adjusting to the fact that the blade is an additional safety that has to be depressed to allow the sear to be released. Like the handgrip safety on a 1911 but in a different location. The accutrigger is one of the better factory triggers currently available. I have no grit/creep and acceptable (adjustable) weight on my 10PC, 12 243, 10 308 and a 270 based model 16 which is waiting on its barrel. By comparison, no Remington that left the factory in the last 9-10 years had an acceptable trigger and their owners spend between $100 to $250 and more for trigger upgrades.

Also, I've played with the Accutriggers alot too....They're as bad as the new Remington X-Mark Pro triggers, which suck.

After spending countless hours playing with the Rem X-Mark Pro triggers I am convinced they are the biggest *** installed in any factory rifle there is available today.

I replace all my x-marks with old style Remington triggers.

Re: Asking for opinions on a new rifle

Typical Die hard Remington fan, will buy them regardless of how junk they are, what it costs to make them work, and has a stash of old triggers to drop in the new ones.... No bias ???

Unfortunately, a very true statement.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.