Arrowhead No Size 45cal XLD NSR Bullets

muggles

Just received an email from Arrowhead announcing his new .45cal 300gr XLD NSR no size bullets. Anyone test any yet? Same list price as regular XLD's and listed on the site. Thinking Luke has really got something here.

Description

Through a proprietary sizing process that creates a unique geometry, XLD NSR bullets provide bullet to bore performance with load and shoot convenience without sacrificing performance.

While the NSR bullets do allow for variations in bore diameter, they are only able to accommodate a limited range. They were designed to work with Brux barrels. See below list for feasibility of use with other brands of barrels.

Bartlein: Should work, but has not been tested

Preferred, CVA Paramount, McGowen, Pac-Nor: may work in some cases, but generally will not as barrels on these guns all typically run substantially looser or tighter than a Brux: Pac-Nor: May work in some case

For ease of loading, there are two sizes (large & small diameter). Recommend starting with smaller size; and if not enough loading pressure, bump up to the large size. Test pack available for testing.

The Arrowhead XLD line has proven itself on the range and in the field. The unique hybrid ogive maximizes the ballistic coefficient while maintaining excellent shootability. 0.021″ Jacket Thickness produces excellent terminal results on game at all ranges. If you're looking for maximum performance out of your muzzleloader, this is the bullet for you!

45cal

0.021″ Jacket Thickness

300gr Length = 1.450″

Real World LabRadar verified BC's

0.4 @ 2800 FPS

0.36 @ 2500 FPS

Unsure if I violated site rules with the cut and paste, will edit with an apology if so.

Last edited:
I've got a barrel and some of those on order. Should be in shortly and I'll post up some results. I ordered the test pack to find which shoot better.

I received 100 of them with my new rifle. Range closed until Sept 1st but will report back as soon as I get a chance to send some down range.

So I finally got the rifle together and had a chance to check these out. I shot a test group for bore sighting the rifle and wasn't impressed at first. But, keep in mind these were the first shots through this barrel. I made an adjustment and shot again. It's the one oclock shot. then I adjusted the scope to zero and fired two more. I like these.
1597813812257.jpeg

Pic of the rifle
1597813925309.jpeg

Finally made it to the range to test my new Arrowhead SML. Shot two foulers with Hornady XTP's and then shot a quarter inch (center to center) 3 shot group with the NSR bullets. Hats off to Luke for both the rifle and the bullets. Finest, most accurate rifle I have ever owned.

Apologies for my puter ignorance and inability to post pics but willing to send pics to anyone who will provide text or email addy.

Finally made it to the range to test my new Arrowhead SML. Shot two foulers with Hornady XTP's and then shot a quarter inch (center to center) 3 shot group with the NSR bullets. Hats off to Luke for both the rifle and the bullets. Finest, most accurate rifle I have ever owned.

Apologies for my puter ignorance and inability to post pics but willing to send pics to anyone who will provide text or email addy.
Send it

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.